How to Jump!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 17, 2012 at 20:39 Quote
I need help do big jump or just jumps in participially. AS i am advancing from intermediate to advanced rider i tend to freeze up on bigger jumps and land awkward. Also on drops i just can never land big ones ( dont know why) but usually its my feet that go off the pedal. Any tips?/ Thanks

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 2:39 Quote
subaig wrote:
I need help do big jump or just jumps in participially. AS i am advancing from intermediate to advanced rider i tend to freeze up on bigger jumps and land awkward. Also on drops i just can never land big ones ( dont know why) but usually its my feet that go off the pedal. Any tips?/ Thanks

Pedals with a concave shape like primo tenderizers(yes, i know they are bmx... its only an example on shape) and soft compound flat bottom "skate" shoes helped me a lot with landing bigger stuff.. And fear is the mind killer my friend, you have to just flow it stay loose. If you are intimidated by the jump, and feel awkward like you're gonna die when you hit the jump, bail!!!! practice bailing on a crappy bike, it could save your life not to mention up your confidence and show you how to get your body off the bike in air. So in short concave pedals, skate shoes, learn how to bail properly, and commence riding like a ninja

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 18:07 Quote
That video says all there is to say... Salute

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010265
Mobile Version of Website