Problem with 55cr rebound/compression

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Problem with 55cr rebound/compression
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 11:00 Quote
Hi, I've just rebuilt my marzocchi 55cr's and they now have no rebound, obviously this must be something to do with me rebuilding them but i'm not sure whether its from me doing something wrong putting them back together or too little oil, I thought that i'd put them all back together as they're supposed to be and i put in 20ml of 7.5 which is what marzocchi state on their website so any ideas on what it could be?

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 11:28 Quote
20ml sounds way too little. I thought that Marzocchi (historically at least) did oil levels, ie measured down from the top of the stanchion(with the fork compressed). So 20mm from top of stanchion?

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 11:32 Quote
dogboy1066 wrote:
20ml sounds way too little. I thought that Marzocchi (historically at least) did oil levels, ie measured down from the top of the stanchion. So 20mm from top of stanchion?
i thought that as well and wondered whether it was maybe a typo? but seemed unlikely...and 20ml from the top would be crazy amounts of oil and the fork would barely compress! unless i miss understood what you meant?

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 11:46 Quote
yeah i just edited what i was saying above, i think whilst you were replying, to explain it a bit better (i'm not that good at explaining things), but i think it is with the stanchions compressed into the fork. That would reduce the ammount of oil needed a lot!
I remember it being a little confusing when i needed to find the information years back. Below is from the importers web

http://www.windwave.co.uk/documents/techinfo/marzocchitechinfo.html

I assume this information is still current?

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 12:02 Quote
ahh that makes more sense haha! although on their chart it would mean some forks like the 888 would have over 200mm gap from the top of the stanchion down to the oil level which can't be right!? also in a tech tuesday a while back thee was a 44 being serviced and that was measured in ml rather than the gap from the top of the stanchion?! they state than the 55r has 220ml in the rebound side and the only difference between the r and cr is the compression damping so perhaps a typo?

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 at 16:21 Quote
bigquotesi think it is with the stanchions compressed into the fork. That would reduce the ammount of oil needed a lot

Yes, it is fully compressed.

Posted: Jul 2, 2012 at 9:16 Quote
problem solved! i didn't bleed the rebound cartridge Madder feeling super plush now though!

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 10:43 Quote
hazzatronable wrote:
Hi, I've just rebuilt my marzocchi 55cr's and they now have no rebound, obviously this must be something to do with me rebuilding them but i'm not sure whether its from me doing something wrong putting them back together or too little oil, I thought that i'd put them all back together as they're supposed to be and i put in 20ml of 7.5 which is what marzocchi state on their website so any ideas on what it could be?

Hello. I'm thinking of buying a 55CR, and I can find next to nothing in terms of a review. How do you like the fork? decent compression damping? Have you tried a Marz coil? Is the 55 similarly plush? Many thanks

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 13:17 Quote
VelkePivo wrote:
hazzatronable wrote:

Hello. I'm thinking of buying a 55CR, and I can find next to nothing in terms of a review. How do you like the fork? decent compression damping? Have you tried a Marz coil? Is the 55 similarly plush? Many thanks
i wouldn't think twice about buying them again! amazing fork, really plush especially after a rebuild, i've had a play around with a few zocchi coils but never properly ridden them but i'd say these forks are pretty darn plush, especially after a rebuild with some decent fork grease!

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 22:36 Quote
hazzatronable wrote:
VelkePivo wrote:
hazzatronable wrote:

i wouldn't think twice about buying them again! amazing fork, really plush especially after a rebuild, i've had a play around with a few zocchi coils but never properly ridden them but i'd say these forks are pretty darn plush, especially after a rebuild with some decent fork grease!

Great. Thanks Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013808
Mobile Version of Website