CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: Feb 27, 2017 at 5:49 Quote
Shoreline (using westwoods as a reference) had hero dirt mixed with mud depending on how much sun that area of trail gets during the day. Northern parts of the state probably caught up after the heavy rain Sat night

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 at 19:20 Quote
Nice! Thanks for the updates.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2017 at 2:43 Quote
Case was in perfect riding condition yesterday.

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 21:51 Quote
Been thinking about the southington situation again...

I just cant see it happening. these past 2 winters have been garbage for them considering the weather we have had and I doubt they made much profit. Hiring GL and buying a rental fleet seems really unreasonable since i doubt they are swimming in money.

also the mountain really is tiny. they would be hard pressed to make something happen within the ski area.

Im still praying for the best but eh.

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 13:28 Quote
Gotta spend money to make money. They might give it a shot to try and make some off-season money to balance shitty winters. Plus the height is not a lot, but it's taller than the lower mountain of killington. If you've rode there you know it's not exactly challenging, but can be fun and entertaining for an after-work session. I'm all for it

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 16:04 Quote
Uhh... Small business loans.

Look at what Burke has accomplished on the lower mtn

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 18:43 Quote
I hope to god they do go through with it!!! my fridays would get way more lit.

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 10:55 Quote
Anything would be better then powder ridge. One year of gl will put you 2 years ahead of that shit hole.

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 4:05 Quote
They would make money, there are so many people who would go

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 21:26 Quote
This may be a dumb post/question.. Anyone know if Trumbull is rideable at the moment?
I'm just unaware of what the snowfall amount there was.

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 22:08 Quote
giantrider89 wrote:
This may be a dumb post/question.. Anyone know if Trumbull is rideable at the moment?

Not worth the effort. Give it a week+

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 4:27 Quote
giantrider89 wrote:
There was a lack of snowshoeing this year and all the trails were postholed and rutted

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 9:58 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
giantrider89 wrote:

Not worth the effort. Give it a week+

I figured as much, hopefully no more snowfall for us! thanks for the response, cheers fellas!

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 7:11 Quote
Any one know of any open trails down by the shore? Or any where for that matter! Such a tease! got out twice and then the snow comes back!
And while we wait for the snow to melt, any one been out to Red Cedar lake in Colchester? My buddy and I came across a chain saw and loppers when we were out looking for deer rubs in the fall, didn't think much of it. Then mid winter caught a glimps of 4 bikes headed into the woods. Seeing if any one has been out there or what's up with it?

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 7:14 Quote
Westwoods is 99% snow free and fully rideable. Mud in spots, stick to the higher ground.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014836
Mobile Version of Website