Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: May 26, 2016 at 22:37 Quote
Idk if I'd want a windshield that dark. Even in the day, 5% is noticeably darker looking out even compared to 15%.

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 22:49 Quote
I didn't even like having 5% on my windows, nevermind the god damn windshield

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 23:03 Quote
5% is legal on the back and rear side windows on a vans and Utes here. I have on my van. Makes it impossible to see out the back at night lol

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 23:13 Quote
Yeah, my truck is 5% on the back 3 windows and at night I'm pretty much blind out of them. It's a good thing it's got massive mirrors or I wouldn't be able to see shit.

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 23:53 Quote
I'd post a pic but it's a pain from my phone. It's all black everything

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 23:53 Quote
bordom wrote:
Yeah, my truck is 5% on the back 3 windows and at night I'm pretty much blind out of them. It's a good thing it's got massive mirrors or I wouldn't be able to see shit.

My old truck was 15% on all side Windows and the rear window. Never got a tint ticket in it over the three years I drove it. Only got pulled over once while driving it, considering the thing had green turn signals and reverse lights, level, big tires and a straight 4" exhaust I was shocked.

Dad bought a 2010 pasat wagon with factory 20% (It's not a film) and he gets pulled over almost weekly for it. His car it's completely stock and he rarely does more then 10 over the limit...

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 0:11 Quote
Wait so you're saying a Passat came factory with privacy glass on the front windows?

Also I haven't been pulled over since the very first day I drove my truck almost three years ago. Now twice in 10 days. I don't even know.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 0:32 Quote
Stuff like this makes me love living in the yukon. Visual safety inspection when you buy a vehicle but only if it's more than 15 years old, then never again as long as you keep insurance on it. No smog, ever. Barely any laws related to exhaust, tint, lifts, lights, etc. and basically zero enforcement. I daily drove a straight piped car for two years with no issues at all. No front plates.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 0:59 Quote
Yeah but the tradeoff is that you have to live in the Yukon.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 8:22 Quote
trozei wrote:
Yeah but the tradeoff is that you have to live in the Yukon.
Lel

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 9:12 Quote
We can have tint on the rear side windows and the rear window. You can have a very very light tint on the front side windows. Like 70%

I run 20 on the rear door windows, c pillar windows and the rear window. 35 on the fronts. Nothing on the windshield. Buddy of mine runs like 5 percent on everything and I think 50 or something on the windshield. Both cars if I remember right and one of them is a tracked prepped wrx that's mean as hell. Rarely gets messed with... he's got a fire plate. He's a fire medic. Guess the CHP figure they may need him someday.

I've been pulled over for all sorts of stupid fix it ticket stuff. No front plate. Loud exhaust. Illegal tires... yeah you read that right. That one was funny. I had the ticket signed off by my brother in law like 20 minutes later. Cracked windshield. Tint.

One time the CHP flipped a bizzy to nab my wife for her window tint that was on the car when we drove it off the lot. LOL!

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 9:38 Quote
I've been pulled over once since December 17th, 2010. For tint, but he was cool and just said he doesn't give a shit, but it's about $150 for the ticket.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 11:19 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
I've been pulled over once since December 17th, 2010. For tint, but he was cool and just said he doesn't give a shit, but it's about $150 for the ticket.

Damn that's harsh.

Here you just have to get it signed off that it's been repaired. So you remove it and get a cop to sign it off. Pay the $35 for the fix it ticket. You're good... but then you need to get it reinstalled. In my case I've always been able to get it signed off with the tint still on the car. I know a lot of police officers and most really don't care as long as they can see you when they walk up and mine's not that dark.... and I roll down ALL my windows when I get pulled over... which was kind of awkward when I'd get pulled over with nothing installed in my interior but my drivers seat...

Used to be $25 and if they put all the fix it violations on one ticket that covered them all. Now it's $35 for each one. Which sucks when you get 3 or 4 of them. LOL!

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 12:57 Quote
Ticket in BC is $109, the fix it check is done by an office lady who doesn't give a shit and it's free. I legit could have brought my friend's car with no tint at all and shed sign off on my ticket.

Some cops ticket, some order you to fix it, some don't do anything, some key your tint and then hand you a full vehicle inspection... it's a free for all.

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 15:15 Quote
I see maybe one cop a month on my trips to work, and half of them cant get me once i leave the city and im in the provincial territory, but that one OPP officer i see has given me thumbs up so i think im safe. Wonder how he will like catless muffler delete at 5:30am.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045919
Mobile Version of Website