Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 14:59 Quote
I really hope we get a huge dump of snow just so I can laugh at people. A couple centimeters and shit hits the fan, I can't imagine what would happen of we got some actual snow.

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 15:22 Quote
bordom wrote:
I really hope we get a huge dump of snow just so I can laugh at people. A couple centimeters and shit hits the fan, I can't imagine what would happen of we got some actual snow.

This so much for around here too. Plus I want Subaru in deep snow. lol

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 15:53 Quote
al9595 wrote:
bordom wrote:

RWD is the best in the snow. I have to leave like an hour earlier for school when it snows for the first time, because there are always so many accidents and people drive so slowly,

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 17:06 Quote
mountainbiker929 wrote:
al9595 wrote:
bordom wrote:

RWD is the best in the snow. I have to leave like an hour earlier for school when it snows for the first time, because there are always so many accidents and people drive so slowly,
lol.

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 17:12 Quote
bordom wrote:

Man my buddy and I drove through a storm that got way lower than what people normally see. Was a disaster. We just hopped out and dropped tire pressure a couple PSI and powered through. Every couple miles we'd see a car off the road. Stop and see if anyone was in it. Passed a handful of them. After awhile we caught up to a Sheriff's truck loaded with people. They were doing the same thing we were but were a few miles ahead of us. LOL!

I drove through another one and was the only car on the road. Couldn't see the road there was so much snow on it so I drove right down the middle of where it seemed to be. Pushed snow with my bumper for like 15 straight miles. Couldn't stop because we'd be stuck. Passed over 20 downed trees. That was the worst one I've driven through. Don't think we were supposed to be on the back roads. LOL!

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 18:09 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
bordom wrote:

Man my buddy and I drove through a storm that got way lower than what people normally see. Was a disaster. We just hopped out and dropped tire pressure a couple PSI and powered through. Every couple miles we'd see a car off the road. Stop and see if anyone was in it. Passed a handful of them. After awhile we caught up to a Sheriff's truck loaded with people. They were doing the same thing we were but were a few miles ahead of us. LOL!

I drove through another one and was the only car on the road. Couldn't see the road there was so much snow on it so I drove right down the middle of where it seemed to be. Pushed snow with my bumper for like 15 straight miles. Couldn't stop because we'd be stuck. Passed over 20 downed trees. That was the worst one I've driven through. Don't think we were supposed to be on the back roads. LOL!
yeah it's always fun guessing where roads are. A couple years back i was with my dad up country on some logging roads. 3 feet of snow just barely crawling through with 4wd and chains. Made for some impressive pictures though

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 18:46 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
bordom wrote:

oh man, I did that last sunday at 4am. 140 mile trip though lol. Took me three hours to get home on the main highway. Took a friend's truck cuz mine's still.on summers. Glad I did. Had a new yaris blow by me doing like 75mph when even I toned it down to 50mph. Saw him south of the next overpass, in the ditch. Chuckled and carried on, not my problem if they can't drive according to the conditions.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 19:23 Quote
bordom wrote:
Canada way and willingdon were f*cking hilarious to drive down today. So many dumb people with their summer tires on

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 10:25 Quote
My tires suck but I'm not sure I care enough to buy tires tbh. Can buy a winter beater for the same cost as duratracs lol

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 13:33 Quote
I have 15 year old dry rotted all seasons, but they work surprisingly well I'm the snow just not the ice...

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 14:44 Quote
I've got new proxxes and new duratracs. So I might just be able to handle the arduous BC winter.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 15:14 Quote
I've got a set of winter tires on one truck and some brand new mud tires on the other. Kinda feeling like ripping some snow drifts now that I got big enough tires Big Grin

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 15:20 Quote
Woot. Buddy is letting me borrow a set of wheels and tires to roll on while I paint my wheels.

Now the question is... what do I want to do.

Leaning towards snow camo. Or a nice metallic bronze. Tired of gold. I've been rocking gold wheels on my car since 2004. LOL!

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 15:56 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Woot. Buddy is letting me borrow a set of wheels and tires to roll on while I paint my wheels.

Leaning towards snow camo. Or a nice metallic bronze. Tired of gold. I've been rocking gold wheels on my car since 2004. LOL!

Shit you have gold rims?

And your not black wtf?!

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 16:17 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Shit you have gold rims?

And your not black wtf?!
he has a subaru, he's part of the other breed with gold wheels

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026529
Mobile Version of Website