Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: May 25, 2013 at 22:53 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
hwipwill wrote:
It's not supposed to be some high-tech rig, gonna be stripped as fck and just designed to rip around on. Also, would there be a power limiter I could install on a dial, for like 100hp in the city, and then when I'm drifting I can dial it back up to 280?
No. Why the f*ck would you even want to do such tasks? Besides the fact that it's a 5.4l spark plug spitting turd, or a 4.6 if you're unlucky. You're going to likely roll it before you get it sideways on pavement, and then you also realize that it's automatic so a staging brake won't work.
I dunno what American utes weigh/handle like etc so I'm going out on a limb here but...

What if stripped down, tray removal,slammed 1UZ-FE supercharger conversion would make a F150 drift?

Posted: May 25, 2013 at 22:55 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
I-CanDoRideTheBike wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
So wtf, it was raining today, so I decided, hey! I have a huge cock and don't care about people...lets go drifturz...

No, I'm kidding. It was raining, and I did go to an empty school lot at 7pm, and decided to try a flat spin, but damn....the conditions need to be so prime. I don't think my car has enough power, and the ground had too much traction....as in it wasn't asphalt...it's a mix between some rocks and concrete...or pavement..idk..

I need a VF52 upgrade for more boost and power. Subie dudes, help?
I've seen people doing hellies in B4's you just have to limiter bash it and clutch kick the shit out of it lol

Need more power. Lol. I'd love a B4 Liberty.
T4 turbo conversion gee

Posted: May 25, 2013 at 23:01 Quote
Just doing a VF52. I'm at 220awhp right now....

VF52 would push me to 300awhp and about 380ftlb

Posted: May 25, 2013 at 23:11 Quote
Im going to put mine up for sale and search for a 04/05/06 hatch. I love it but its easier to get a new car than mod it to what i want. I was sooo damn close to getting a 05 impreza limited hatch (06 body style, bucket seats, manual, sound system) but the guy decided he wanted to keep the car. Checking out an 05 today.

Posted: May 25, 2013 at 23:14 Quote
For reference
American utes or trucks weigh much, much more than what you Aussies and sheep shaggers have

Lol

Posted: May 25, 2013 at 23:32 Quote
mr-germany wrote:
For reference
American utes or trucks weigh much, much more than what you Aussies and sheep shaggers have

Lol
Yet they seem to be shittier in every way Razz

Posted: May 26, 2013 at 0:10 Quote
Power to weight is more important...

Posted: May 26, 2013 at 6:27 Quote
I-CanDoRideTheBike wrote:
Power to weight is more important...
Not when you're driving a truck with the torque of 11 Civics, stock.

Posted: May 26, 2013 at 6:40 Quote
Its not like you use a truck to go bomb some mountain roads lol, they're built to haul stuff and you can't haul much with a b series compared to a dually

Posted: May 26, 2013 at 19:04 Quote
Anyone know why the hell raceland coils are so much cheaper than anything else? Look kinda legit, looking at them for a mk4 vw

Posted: May 26, 2013 at 19:14 Quote
austin2112 wrote:
Anyone know why the hell raceland coils are so much cheaper than anything else? Look kinda legit, looking at them for a mk4 vw

I wondered that to but I can say I'm not disappointed with them in my mk3 gti and my buddy has them also in his mk4 gli and also nothing negative to say about them

Posted: May 26, 2013 at 19:23 Quote
vexcom wrote:
austin2112 wrote:

I wondered that to but I can say I'm not disappointed with them in my mk3 gti and my buddy has them also in his mk4 gli and also nothing negative to say about them
how long have they both been run?

Posted: May 26, 2013 at 19:26 Quote
Mine in mk3 have been about a year now and haven't noticed a change in their performance since day and my buddy's about 5 months or so

O+
Posted: May 26, 2013 at 19:27 Quote
vexcom wrote:
austin2112 wrote:

they're cheaper because you buy directly from raceland not through a middle man

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024148
Mobile Version of Website