Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: May 28, 2013 at 4:26 Quote
steering wheel sorry.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 4:48 Quote
it still isn't enough to make it easy to drive by any means.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 5:17 Quote
It may still not be easy, but a larger steering wheel will certainly make it easier than if the steering wheel were smaller.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 6:20 Quote
mr-germany wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
haro-rider-13 wrote:
The difference though is that you drive a very small vehicle. Try it in a big old truck like his it's not the most fun.

thats why they have massive steering wheels. like i said, when your moving it is fine anyway.
size of the wheel doesn;t matter when it's a 5500lb truck vs a 2,000 or sub 2,000 lb car
You try driving a loaded Mack with no ps and a 13" wheel.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 6:42 Quote
The bigger steering wheel should make it easier cause of the leverage you can get from pulling down on it instead of a smaller one with less circumferance.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 7:05 Quote
Well okay I retract my statement that bit doesn't matter. But saying that driving with no PS is easy in a full size truck and comparing it to a mk1 rabbit is just ignant.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 7:06 Quote
I'd like to try driving without power controls sometime, maybe in a parking lot or something just to see how hard it is.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 7:07 Quote
In my mr2 it really wasn't hard at all but then again that's a 2300lb mid engine car.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 7:07 Quote
Depends on the vehicle. The ps went in my tj with 35's. MAN that was a bitch.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 7:09 Quote
Weight is gonna be a big thing for the power steering.... I know that driving my 160cc ATV (I can slide it around the shop floor) compared to the bigger 500cc ATV with the extra seats and bins (which I can hardly move on my own) and is hard to turn at slow speeds because the lack of power steering.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 8:12 Quote
From 1 to 10, 10 being a "don't get that" how much of a pain in the ass is to work with old bmw's I saw a 316i going for 2k in my town and I like it

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 8:25 Quote
I drive a LWB Renault master van around the garage. It doesn't have power steering, and it's not that hard to steer.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 9:24 Quote
My b2200 was easy. You need to remember, a power steering rack/box with no pump is NOT the same as a manual box/rack. My z is a c*nt because I don't have a belt on it right now.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 9:57 Quote
my 53 caddy is easier to parallel park than my wrx.

well... it used to be. Now I'm not so sure. It's so low that it can't go full lock... tires hit fender.

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 11:03 Quote
mr-germany wrote:
Well okay I retract my statement that bit doesn't matter. But saying that driving with no PS is easy in a full size truck and comparing it to a mk1 rabbit is just ignant.

its not... its all set up different, i spoke to my uncle about it, who did used to drive trucks before ps, and said that things like driving stance, and wheel size take up some slack, but when your moving it makes very little difference having ps or not. I know that if i am static i have to man handle the wheel, if i move at say 2 mph, it becomes light... same with a truck, if your going down a highway, and the ps fails, its not going to make a big difference, until you slow right down. Its bad practice to turn the wheel whilst static anyway.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016875
Mobile Version of Website