Powered by Outside

Building in a small area NEED HELP

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Building in a small area NEED HELP
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 20:06 Quote
Hey guys. I just moved and am really itching to build some stuff. The only problem is the house we bought has hardly any land.

Here's what I've got to work with: On the side of my house we have a fenced in area probably 40'x100'. It's sloped inward on both sides and has a small river in the middle. There's trees and it's pretty steep. No rocks and a few logs. We've got a lot of scrap wood from an old fence. I'll get pictures soon. I MIGHT be able to convince my dad to make a trail/pump track around our yard too but I doubt it.

My idea so far: I'm thinking about going northshore style on this. Since the land is kinda sloped like a "V" I was thinking of making wooden bridges across the river so I'd ride up on one side, cross the river, ride back down on the other side, and repeat. Kinda like a half pipe but a trail instead. I'd really like to build a drop and a good sized jump but that might be tricky.

If I could get any help, tips, or ideas that'd be awesome!!

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 9:59 Quote
I ve got a ton of wood from a fence I can use
Old fence = lots of wood to build with

Just an idea of what I might build. Any ideas suggestions

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 11:37 Quote
You should try to put some jumps that go into the "V" shaped section of the river into a bank or wall ride. Almost like the Dirt Pipe at Highland.

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 11:45 Quote
Yeah I know what you mean. It's a little challenging with limited space but I'll go outside and see if I can fit something like that in

Posted: Dec 10, 2013 at 17:42 Quote
Hit me up if you need some help next season.

Posted: Dec 10, 2013 at 18:16 Quote
Will do. I gotta find a better spot to build. This pretty much takes up all the space I have and it'll probably get boring after a while. I would love to do a 10 foot mulch jump but I don't have the land

Views: 1,111    Faves: 3    Comments: 8

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 at 7:45 Quote
WOW that is awesome,gives me ideas.

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 at 12:43 Quote
Thanks guys, I have more plans for the future like a much bigger drop, a wall, and some other stuff. You just have to get a little more creative to make everything work

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 at 19:02 Quote
if it was longer and you went faster that would be awesome!

Posted: Dec 12, 2013 at 10:41 Quote
Nice work!
In a spot with limited space, you have to utilize your speed as much as possible.
Picture a swing-set going from top to bottom and back to top again in one smooth motion.
Make a drop that dips down to the river, then immediately goes back up the hill with a step-up jump
Turn a tight berm at the top and then do it again.... drop > jump > turn > drop > jump > turn

Posted: Dec 12, 2013 at 10:47 Quote
today i managed to build a cool little ramp in my garden any tips on how to improve it?
this is what i do when i dont want to study for exams

Posted: Dec 12, 2013 at 13:18 Quote
KingsgateDirtJumper wrote:
Nice work!
In a spot with limited space, you have to utilize your speed as much as possible.
Picture a swing-set going from top to bottom and back to top again in one smooth motion.
Make a drop that dips down to the river, then immediately goes back up the hill with a step-up jump
Turn a tight berm at the top and then do it again.... drop > jump > turn > drop > jump > turn

Exactly, it all has to flow together like a pump track. I have some ideas in mind like that but I still have to do some more planning to fit everything in.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2013 at 11:13 Quote
Coming along nicely. Makes me wish I had more of a yard. If you ever need a hand give me a shout.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016693
Mobile Version of Website