6-7" FR frame?

PB Forum :: Downhill
6-7" FR frame?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 22:15 Quote
suggestions for a frame that had 6-7" of travel?

135x10 rear end and 73mm BB?

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 1:49 Quote
I am looking for the same,i found that transition blindside meet those requirements but i would like more feedback but for frames 7"+.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 8:18 Quote
What do you guys think about the new dartmoor wish frame?

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 8:44 Quote
Anastazio wrote:
I am looking for the same,i found that transition blindside meet those requirements but i would like more feedback but for frames 7"+.

Thanks in advance.
I've been loving my Banshee Scythe for 4 SEASONS! The duability speaks for itself, it's been ultra low maintainance, it pedals well for a bike of it's type (and is a reasonable weight) adjustable geometry makes it versatile and it kills it on the way down. It's a 12x150mm rear end.

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 8:46 Quote
Yes the scythe is a very good choice

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 9:14 Quote
jetpilot wrote:
Anastazio wrote:

Thanks in advance.
I've been loving my Banshee Scythe for 4 SEASONS! The duability speaks for itself, it's been ultra low maintainance, it pedals well for a bike of it's type (and is a reasonable weight) adjustable geometry makes it versatile and it kills it on the way down. It's a 12x150mm rear end.

It looks solid,but i spent a big amount of cash the last months to upgrade my giant reign with freeride components(everything has been changed to saint series/55marzocchi fork/new wheelset/i changed even the rp2 with a vivid r2c)and i would like to make the swap to a true freeride frame with zero extra cost so i am looking for a frame with 135x10 rear end,73mm bb because i am always worry that my frame will not handle the abuse...

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 9:55 Quote
Buy a Santa Cruz Bullit buddy, hard to go wrong with that.

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 16:01 Quote
Giant Reign. Ive found it to be great on DH & FR trails.

Posted: Aug 13, 2012 at 22:55 Quote
Why didn't you upgrade your frame first. If there was compatibility issues, then upgrade parts as needed.
For the scythe, all you would need is the rear wheel. Along with rearranging you BB spacers, if you have a external BB.

Posted: Aug 14, 2012 at 2:21 Quote
Because i like my frame,I just dont want to hurt it because i never thought when i bought it(4 months ago)that i will get familiar with big jumps and drops so soon...i changed my rp2 to coil to get 170mm of travel but still the frame is sold by giant as all mountain so i dont know if it can handle freeriding...i wish it could!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014255
Mobile Version of Website