FSA Angleset or Cane Creek Angleset?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
FSA Angleset or Cane Creek Angleset?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 20, 2012 at 0:34 Quote
What's up fella's. I am doing an overhaul on one of my FR/DH bikes and am suiting it up for better use in DH. So with that I want to slacken up the headtube a bit and I'm stuck between the Cane creek angleset headset or the FSA headset. Both have .5-1.5 adjustments. The big difference is that the fsa seems to have integrated bearings where the CC has external bearing which ride on an angled bevel or something like that? Anyways, I do like the look of the CC more but there seems to be disputes saying that it makes ticking noises, and it hard to keep tight and aligned. Does anybody have any first hand experience with either of these two headsets? There does not seem to be a large supply of reviews on them...

I can get both at cost from QBP and they are the same price so the only factor is quality. Thank you for any input!

Matt

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2012 at 8:23 Quote
NittyGritty wrote:
What's up fella's. I am doing an overhaul on one of my FR/DH bikes and am suiting it up for better use in DH. So with that I want to slacken up the headtube a bit and I'm stuck between the Cane creek angleset headset or the FSA headset. Both have .5-1.5 adjustments. The big difference is that the fsa seems to have integrated bearings where the CC has external bearing which ride on an angled bevel or something like that? Anyways, I do like the look of the CC more but there seems to be disputes saying that it makes ticking noises, and it hard to keep tight and aligned. Does anybody have any first hand experience with either of these two headsets? There does not seem to be a large supply of reviews on them...

I can get both at cost from QBP and they are the same price so the only factor is quality. Thank you for any input!

Matt

Since nobody replied i will. Just get a set of offset shock bushings I have a pair for sale it slackens head angle 1 degree no worry on creaking there. And they are titanium

Posted: Oct 12, 2012 at 13:02 Quote
Haven't had any creaking or loosening issues with cane creek. One thing i did was greased the gimbles where it sits in the cups (which is where the creaking would come from) and it has been completely silent. I also greased the area where bearings sit in the gimble just in case.

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 9:28 Quote
having the same issiue. Which one is more reliable? I know you are going to have to break them down alot and clean them but what do you guys like more? FSA or cane?

FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2013 at 14:29 Quote
Just wondering if anyone knows what one to use? I have a tapered headtube, running a tapered fork!

Thanks for the help

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009414
Mobile Version of Website