Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]
Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 11:17 Quote
devinszmata wrote:
im a pro i get rims for nothing
you're now also a total douche. who do you ride for?

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 11:20 Quote
devinszmata wrote:
Rules where made to be broken.

Possibly the dumbest justification for doing something dumb I have ever heard. Congrats there I suppose. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Nobody is really beefing you, run it if you will. Promise we will be the first to laugh in the event of a failure, and we will continue to not give a shit if nothing happens.

My pretty brake, for relevance and topic sake;

some dumb brake.

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 11:31 Quote
I mean, run it if you want, we aintcha daddies lol .

It's just amusing how in light of correct information, the response is not a 'oh hey, guess I messed up and used a front specific, non-brake approved rim on the rear of my bike with a brake, guess I'll pony up, unlace it quick and throw something suitable on there cause it'll take like 45 miniutes' or 'guess it's not completely legit, I'll just keep it how it is' it's merely belligerent stubbornness and nonsense hearsay/anecdotal evidence that supports a janky setup.

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 12:13 Quote
So nobody really thinks my new bars look better? Lol

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 12:51 Quote
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
So nobody really thinks my new bars look better? Lol

Yeah man, had to scroll back through a few pages of brake arguments, but they look nice lol.

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 23:12 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Kieran-Young wrote:
k-m-z wrote:
Not like any of you have to ride it, who cares.

That's such a bad argument it's almost funny.

They're not saying that just to talk shit, they actually have a point. It's advice, also advice that the guy should probably listen to.

A rim that's meant to have brakes will have a flat faced side, and will also be thicker to allow for wear... put succinctly: DESIGNED FOR IT.

My wife found out the real issue once when she was working as a bike mechanic and some tool had used a Stan's tubeless kit on a rim brake wheel and didn't tell her. He'd worn enough metal from using rim brakes that the sidewall of the rim gave out suddenly with her hand on the wheel and pretty much exploded in her face. After about 45 minutes she could hear again, the feeling came back in her fingers the next day.

Just because you can do something, and it works today, tomorrow or even a few months from now doesn't mean it's a good idea.... But hey, not many people have foresight.

I'm trying to get at the point at the point that all ya'll are harping this "pro" that what he does is wrong when it works for him.

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 23:56 Quote
k-m-z wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
Kieran-Young wrote:

That's such a bad argument it's almost funny.

They're not saying that just to talk shit, they actually have a point. It's advice, also advice that the guy should probably listen to.

A rim that's meant to have brakes will have a flat faced side, and will also be thicker to allow for wear... put succinctly: DESIGNED FOR IT.

My wife found out the real issue once when she was working as a bike mechanic and some tool had used a Stan's tubeless kit on a rim brake wheel and didn't tell her. He'd worn enough metal from using rim brakes that the sidewall of the rim gave out suddenly with her hand on the wheel and pretty much exploded in her face. After about 45 minutes she could hear again, the feeling came back in her fingers the next day.

Just because you can do something, and it works today, tomorrow or even a few months from now doesn't mean it's a good idea.... But hey, not many people have foresight.

I'm trying to get at the point at the point that all ya'll are harping this "pro" that what he does is wrong when it works for him.
when you work in a shop you start to realise that "well it works so it'll be fine" are the words of a true moron

Posted: Apr 27, 2016 at 5:11 Quote
harry-h wrote:
k-m-z wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:

when you work in a shop you start to realise that "well it works so it'll be fine" are the words of a true moron

qft

Posted: Apr 27, 2016 at 6:10 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
harry-h wrote:
k-m-z wrote:

qft

Posted: Apr 27, 2016 at 6:51 Quote
devinszmata wrote:
im a pro i get rims for nothing

Just because you're pro, doesn't mean you aren't an idiot for running a front specific non brake rim on the back with a brake.

Have fun when your sidewall explodes and sends shards of alloy directly at your legs.

I do believe you when you say you are a pro because with that sort of attitude, logic and stubbornness you wouldn't get far in a real job.

Posted: Apr 27, 2016 at 8:19 Quote
sherbet wrote:
devinszmata wrote:

Possibly the dumbest justification for doing something dumb I have ever heard. Congrats there I suppose. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Nobody is really beefing you, run it if you will. Promise we will be the first to laugh in the event of a failure, and we will continue to not give a shit if nothing happens.

some dumb brake.

How do you like the fafs

Posted: Apr 27, 2016 at 8:54 Quote
Who the hell does the kid ride for? Or is pro just a word we throw around to make ourselves feel better?

Posted: Apr 27, 2016 at 8:58 Quote
If I was sponsoring someone I would be pretty annoyed if they used my product in a way that it was almost guaranteed to fail.

Posted: Apr 27, 2016 at 13:29 Quote
Dude1005 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
devinszmata wrote:

some dumb brake.

How do you like the fafs

Dig it...and the fact you run four pegs on a race frame...Love it

Posted: Apr 27, 2016 at 13:33 Quote
Big Brother...new bars on the ATF with 22" wheels. What'd ya think? Did it for you...lmfao. Been riding this monster as much as possible...in love with it. New bars feel fantastic

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019846
Mobile Version of Website