Boxxer 2011 r2c2 inbetween spring weights

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Boxxer 2011 r2c2 inbetween spring weights
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2012 at 12:24 Quote
hi guys just wondering if anyone could help me out! for ages i have been running my boxxer r2c2 with the medium red spring fitted and very little compression damping and got on fine with them but due to getting fitter i have shed a few pounds of fat and am finding that the medium spring is to stiff now so i fitted a soft yellow spring but find that it is just to soft and even with nearly full compression damping i am finding that i am using full travel way to much and getting some pretty harsh bottom out even with the bottom out adjuster set in its firmest position! the fork was recently serviced by tf tunned and is in great condition so my question is does anyone know of any companys that do inbetween spring weights or have any good ideas for helping me out! cheers

Posted: Aug 26, 2012 at 12:41 Quote
Might be worth taking out the bottom out damper completely and using the medium. That's what I ended up doing with the soft as I was never getting full travel otherwise. At the very least its dead easy to remove and see if you notice a difference. Could potentially try taking out a preload spacer as well although Rockshox don't seem to suggest that there is a great deal of room for adjustment with them.

Posted: Aug 26, 2012 at 13:29 Quote
Matt428 wrote:
Might be worth taking out the bottom out damper completely and using the medium. That's what I ended up doing with the soft as I was never getting full travel otherwise. At the very least its dead easy to remove and see if you notice a difference. Could potentially try taking out a preload spacer as well although Rockshox don't seem to suggest that there is a great deal of room for adjustment with them.

yo well i have been down that path and removed the bottom out on the medium and fitted a fork thrust bearing but even then that was still to hard lol. thanks for the post though bud cheers

Posted: Oct 12, 2012 at 2:20 Quote
hi
i have a used boxxer rc 2012, (told me it was serviced). i´m 83kgs. the fork is very stiff even with no compression.
i´ve open it and tought it had the stiffer blue spring. it had the yellow one!!
why could my fork be so stiff with the yellow one?

Posted: Nov 7, 2012 at 13:38 Quote
luis-beri wrote:
hi
i have a used boxxer rc 2012, (told me it was serviced). i´m 83kgs. the fork is very stiff even with no compression.
i´ve open it and tought it had the stiffer blue spring. it had the yellow one!!
why could my fork be so stiff with the yellow one?
Common issue is because there is no oil in the lowers, maybe thats why your fork is stiff i suggest you to put some MOTOREX 15wt im sure you will feel a big difference Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009821
Mobile Version of Website