Bike for resort riding that can still be pedaled uphill

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bike for resort riding that can still be pedaled uphill
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 at 4:42 Quote
philmcguirk wrote:
And belleriiver..I know you just turned legal drinking age last year, and you just got into another form of riding besides DJ. But, If you were into DH for the last 10 years you'd know that the Demo 8 has won more than any other bike, but you we're even old enough to ride a roller coaster then let alone a DH bike lmao. And its not like you've been following the UCI DH,,I can google anything too. Lil buster
drinking age in canada is 19 you dumbass and actually i went to windham and mount st annes this year i have been riding dh for 6 years you my friend just got a specialized blind fold over your eyes, and plus it does not madder what a pro rides you cant compare them to every day riders back 5 years ago spech there bikes were amazing, they still are for downhill, just not eficient at pedaling what so ever.

Posted: Sep 14, 2012 at 5:47 Quote
Fuglio wrote:
I thinks the NS soda might be the winner.... Buy somthing sometime soon. This thread is starting to attract flies.

I've got to save up some more money, but I agree, I know what I want, so let this thread die.

Posted: Sep 15, 2012 at 21:19 Quote
One more question haha. I was looking at some more bikes, and the kona entourage seems capable in the fr/ dh department. First off, would I be able to pedal this bike up trails for all mountain? Secondly, I know some of the older konas had problems with frames snapping and such, are the newer kona models improved with less problems?

Posted: Sep 15, 2012 at 21:35 Quote
I don't know anything about snapping but haven't heard anything about recent Kona's. As for pedaling, compare the geometry between the two:

longer top tube lengths will pedal better
lighter bikes will pedal better
steeper head and seat tube angles with pedal better

also look at if one of the bikes has suspension compression adjustments.

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 at 7:39 Quote
try to get something with air i no its not the best for dh compared to coil but it is way better for dj and fr and am you just fill it up with 300psi and its like a hard tail when u pedal and the konas use single pivot not the best for pedaling but not the worst, any bike with a air shock in the back will pedal amazing compared to a coil, its all about what u will be doing the most of the time

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 at 7:52 Quote
The NS Soda looks good but if you want a cheaper do-it-all hardtail I'd recommend the NS Core

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029190
Mobile Version of Website