Powered by Outside

Ithaca NY, Any dirt jumps around? Just moved here.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Ithaca NY, Any dirt jumps around? Just moved here.

Author Message
Posted: Sep 18, 2012 at 6:32 Quote
Hey I just moved here to Ithaca and was wondering if there are any freeride or dirt jump spots around town. Also if you need help building anything I like to build dirt-jumps and would be happy to help.

Thanks for any info.

Posted: Oct 9, 2012 at 17:29 Quote
Hey man I live in Ithaca an dI am actually just starting to get into dirt jumping. I've only been trail riding and BMXing but I'd really like to dirt jump. I haven't really heard of any dirt jumping spots, there are a bunch of trails out in Ellis Hollow that are pretty fun to ride; there are a few jumps on them but they are mostly just down hill.

Posted: Oct 11, 2012 at 9:23 Quote
dannster wrote:
Hey man I live in Ithaca an dI am actually just starting to get into dirt jumping. I've only been trail riding and BMXing but I'd really like to dirt jump. I haven't really heard of any dirt jumping spots, there are a bunch of trails out in Ellis Hollow that are pretty fun to ride; there are a few jumps on them but they are mostly just down hill.

So do you ride like street/park kinda stuff? Also where would be a good place to buy a bmx around town? Any good shops you were recommend?

Posted: Oct 11, 2012 at 13:24 Quote
TheBigEarl wrote:
dannster wrote:
Hey man I live in Ithaca an dI am actually just starting to get into dirt jumping. I've only been trail riding and BMXing but I'd really like to dirt jump. I haven't really heard of any dirt jumping spots, there are a bunch of trails out in Ellis Hollow that are pretty fun to ride; there are a few jumps on them but they are mostly just down hill.

So do you ride like street/park kinda stuff? Also where would be a good place to buy a bmx around town? Any good shops you were recommend?

I used to ride bmx and that's why I am getting into dirt jumping but right now I am just skating until I get a bike. The skate park down by wegmans is where I usually go but it's not the greatest park. I wanna say FBM bikes is out of binghamton, that's what frame I had but I don't thin there are really many shops that carry good BMX bikes. Up in college town there is a bike store called the bike rack, there is a guy named Tom Beckman that works there; he is into downhill mountain biking/dirt jumping so he would probably be able to point you in the right direction for a good BMX bike.

Posted: Oct 11, 2012 at 16:58 Quote
dannster wrote:
TheBigEarl wrote:
dannster wrote:
Hey man I live in Ithaca an dI am actually just starting to get into dirt jumping. I've only been trail riding and BMXing but I'd really like to dirt jump. I haven't really heard of any dirt jumping spots, there are a bunch of trails out in Ellis Hollow that are pretty fun to ride; there are a few jumps on them but they are mostly just down hill.

So do you ride like street/park kinda stuff? Also where would be a good place to buy a bmx around town? Any good shops you were recommend?

I used to ride bmx and that's why I am getting into dirt jumping but right now I am just skating until I get a bike. The skate park down by wegmans is where I usually go but it's not the greatest park. I wanna say FBM bikes is out of binghamton, that's what frame I had but I don't thin there are really many shops that carry good BMX bikes. Up in college town there is a bike store called the bike rack, there is a guy named Tom Beckman that works there; he is into downhill mountain biking/dirt jumping so he would probably be able to point you in the right direction for a good BMX bike.

Ok sweet thanks for the info man. Add me as friend and who maybe we'll ride once we both have bikes.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
Haha this is a really old thread but if anyone is still looking for a spot to help dig and ride then I can help ya out. I've taken over building and maintenance of Baker's Acres. If you don't know they're a pretty well known set owned by Kelly Baker. They were in a lot of the old fbm videos so hit me up if you wanna send some jumps

Posted: Jun 5, 2026 at 2:45 Quote
imtomtom wrote:
Haha this is a really old thread but if anyone is still looking for a spot to help dig and ride then I can help ya out. I've taken over building and maintenance of Baker's Acres. If you don't know they're a pretty well known set owned by Kelly Baker. They were in a lot of the old fbm videos so hit me up if you wanna send some jumps
I just found this thread.Curious if there’s any good bike shops around the area.I haven’t been to the Ithaca area since the 90’s when I was getting bikes built at a bike shop in collegetown where I met Kelly Baker.He was a really great guy & I had no idea about FBM either.Im looking to get another Bmx built & looking for a good shop or if you know anyone-Thanks

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010401
Mobile Version of Website