Broken Karpiel (crickets chirping)

PB Forum :: Other
Broken Karpiel (crickets chirping)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 at 11:13 Quote
I have a 2009 Karpiel Disco Volante and broke the lower drive-side suspension link. I thought it would be pretty easy to make a call and order a new one. WRONG!

-Tried to contact Karpiel directly... no response
-Tried to contact reps... no response
-Tried smoke signals... no response
-Tried asking a one-eyed gypsy fortune teller... nothing

I'm to the point where I'm contacting shops that USED to sponsor Karpiel riders to see if they have leftover parts. Does anyone have any parts around or know of someone to get in touch with? This frame is sweet and I would hate to have to dumpster it because of a broken link.

Moral of the story (willing to edit if they make it right): Don't buy a Karpiel. You break it, you're SOL, and they're not going to help you out.

Posted: Sep 30, 2012 at 15:32 Quote
bennance wrote:
I have a 2009 Karpiel Disco Volante and broke the lower drive-side suspension link. I thought it would be pretty easy to make a call and order a new one. WRONG!

-Tried to contact Karpiel directly... no response
-Tried to contact reps... no response
-Tried smoke signals... no response
-Tried asking a one-eyed gypsy fortune teller... nothing

I'm to the point where I'm contacting shops that USED to sponsor Karpiel riders to see if they have leftover parts. Does anyone have any parts around or know of someone to get in touch with? This frame is sweet and I would hate to have to dumpster it because of a broken link.

Moral of the story (willing to edit if they make it right): Don't buy a Karpiel. You break it, you're SOL, and they're not going to help you out.
as of this moment, there are no spare links.

Posted: Oct 6, 2012 at 0:29 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/mc_smoov/2009%20Karpiel%20Disco%20Volate/219.jpg
^^This link?

If the dealers/reps are offering no assitance, you may need to make up some of your own!

They don't look overly intricate, so with some basic CAD software, you should be able to draw them up. Bring the drawings (and the old links) to a few local machine shops and get a few quotes to have a pair made. Keep in mind, depending on the shop and their capabilities, this could be a several hour job, so don't expect it to be a $20 job.

Good luck!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009325
Mobile Version of Website