If you could have a custom part on your what would it be?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
If you could have a custom part on your what would it be?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 at 9:15 Quote
Hello all, this is my first post! I would like to get into the custom parts business as a side job. My question is: if you could have a custom part on your rig, what would it be, but not a structural part. I am just looking for ideas, to see if something sparks. Could be a custom headset cap or bar ends with your team logo or custom shapes (3D). Maybe mounting brackets for something, custom badge up front, 3D graphics (resin, alloy, etc) even a custom lever for your dropper. Just think wild and one-off. I am not really looking for mass production but ideas that would set your bike off from the rest in function or form. I am looking for ideas that could be produced in a small shop (garage). Post up your ideas and if you would buy it if the cost was reasonable. Quality would be first priority.

Thanks, Jeremiah

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 at 1:40 Quote
Brake levers , custom rotors.

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 at 1:55 Quote
How about some custom mud Big Grin comes in 3D and allsorts of shads of brown with or with out cow shit you can evan get rideing gear to match Big Grin

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 at 10:56 Quote
Ha Ha. I've seen some grey's and red's too! Oh wait, you said mud... I was thinking baby diapers! Seriously though, how bout some 3D mud stickers so your ride is always dirty, even when you accidentally hit that puddle of clean water?

Jeremiah

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 at 10:59 Quote
bigburd, do you want custom levers for coolness or some function that you don't currently have? Rotors would be cool, but there is a structural element that I don't want to get into... yet.

Jeremiah

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 at 11:03 Quote
jeremiahm wrote:
Ha Ha. I've seen some grey's and red's too! Oh wait, you said mud... I was thinking baby diapers! Seriously though, how bout some 3D mud stickers so your ride is always dirty, even when you accidentally hit that puddle of clean water?

Jeremiah
yeah 3D mud stickers sound good . My bike will be 99% dirty all the time now as the uk winter starts to kick it

Posted: Sep 29, 2012 at 1:21 Quote
jeremiahm wrote:
bigburd, do you want custom levers for coolness or some function that you don't currently have? Rotors would be cool, but there is a structural element that I don't want to get into... yet.

Jeremiah

Mostly for coolness really , though I suppose you could make them a more ergonomic shape or perhaps increase leverage for more power ?

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 14:26 Quote
I wil have gold bracks

Posted: Nov 15, 2014 at 13:09 Quote
Custom dropper post remote. I disliked the feel of my stock KS one so I used my front gear shifter minus springs and a lever.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009612
Mobile Version of Website