24seven dark angel sl bottom bracket type?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
24seven dark angel sl bottom bracket type?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 30, 2012 at 12:29 Quote
Hello
I have just bought a 24seven dark angel sl hard tail frame 2009 version. I am struggling to find the type of bottom bracket it uses, the description says its a us bottom bracket or dmr wander cups will fit! Unfortunately neither of these will work..... The size seems just a shade bigger than a mid bottom bracket. It came with bearings for 20 mm axle? I would like to fit a 19mm axle in it as I have a chain set and axle already. Hope someone can help:0)

FL
Posted: Jan 4, 2013 at 8:42 Quote
hey bud
did you ever find out the size? i have somebody with the same problem

Posted: Mar 18, 2013 at 6:29 Quote
i have the same problem i just bought some bsd 22mm bearings and the are also a shade smaller

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 4:36 Quote
Hello guys, sorry I haven't checked back here as I had given up. I did figure out a fix eventually the bottom bracket is a custom size and unfortunately it is not possible to get a bearing to fit a 19mm or 22 mm axel. In the end I had to order a new chain set from ison distribution with a 20mm axel to fit the bearings supplied with the frame, made by 4jeri. Not the best and cheapest solution but i was just happy to get it finished! Hope this helps.

Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 5:53 Quote
yeah i just went and asked at my local bike store and they said i had to go and get them custom made

FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2013 at 9:38 Quote
found this

http://www.bearing-king.co.uk/how-to-measure-a-bearing.php

if you can get all the measurements an see if the bearing is available

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011322
Mobile Version of Website