Dirt Jump Handlebars and Stem options.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Handlebars and Stem options.
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 3, 2012 at 19:04 Quote
ThomasP3 wrote:
I was wondering what Handlebars and Stem I should get for my MTB Dirt Jump Bike.
Truvativ Holzfeller Riser Bars(30 mm rise)
Truvativ Holzfeller Stem(50 mm length)
OR
Deity Villain II Bars(50 mm rise)
Deity Fantom Stem(48 mm length)
Anyone who's ridden one or both? Thanks any help would be great.
Thomas

Hey man, im currently riding with a Hussefelt 40mm stem, and a Holzfeller 2.5" riser bar. I have a 130mm travel Marzochi Dirtjumper 3, and the riser, so my bike sits back at an angle a bit, like a street trials bike, but thats just because thats my style of riding idk if its good for the bike but its irrelevant as im getting a new bike. I dont do any dirtjumping really but I like to get big air at the skatepark, and sometimes that means overshooting a little if its like night time or damn scooter kids snake you and you have to bail to avoid snuffing them out and you and or your bike smash a wall or something, these bars have like, creamed a kid in the scooter/chest and didnt have a scratch on them, survived bike throws, with no bend at all, and many many concrete drops, I realize the fork is cushioning alot of the drop impact but when the bars themselves hit things at high speed and arent phased, im impressed with them lol just thought id share my two cents

Posted: Oct 3, 2012 at 19:31 Quote
Have to say its one hell of a bar . Andy will not change it 3 frames same bars lol He loves them!
Views: 4,535    Faves: 99    Comments: 18

Posted: Dec 2, 2015 at 16:24 Quote
What gearing do people run on dj bikes? I'm refreshing my bike for next year at the moment. It has mtb cranks so 30t probably the smallest I could run on the front, what would you run on the back? 12t?
Cheers Smile

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 0:47 Quote
I'm running a 32/12 but it's pretty tall, I think I'd prefer a 30/12 or something like that just too lazy to change it

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 17:13 Quote
Michael-Cooke wrote:
What gearing do people run on dj bikes? I'm refreshing my bike for next year at the moment. It has mtb cranks so 30t probably the smallest I could run on the front, what would you run on the back? 12t?
Cheers Smile
After several test on many pumptracks, dirt jumps, bmx race... I found the 32-13 perfect for me

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012469
Mobile Version of Website