2012 Scott Voltage: What crankset should I buy?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
2012 Scott Voltage: What crankset should I buy?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 3, 2012 at 19:30 Quote
I'm 15 and just bought myself a 2012 Scott Voltage FR30. I'm thinking about upgrading a few things and one of them is the crankset and BB. I don't really know a whole lot about those things so I need some advice. I know that I probably want 2-piece cranks, and the shell width on my frame is 73mm. I found Race Face Ride DH cranks for around $90, and I also like TruVativ Descendants. I'm on a budget, being young and all, so if you've got opinions on those or any other reasonably priced sets let me know. Also, any opinions on the best value brakes?
Gracias!

Posted: Oct 4, 2012 at 22:37 Quote
Not sure how they compare to the ride cranks but I just got the race face respond cranks, they're nice and stiff and look sharp. If you do some searching they can be found for about 100 bucks as well... Maybe price point

Posted: Oct 5, 2012 at 6:36 Quote
I'd buy descendants, really light and come pretty cheap too, I've heard they flex a bit, but didn't notice any when I tested 'em, I'm only 75kg though. Don't know about the responds but you could check out some used Saints as well, stiff as hell and reasonably light too, although heavier than the descendants.
Good luck!

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 at 22:01 Quote
Anyone have any other suggestions? Leaning towards the Ride DH set.

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 19:37 Quote
Check out the new Zee line of products. Reasonably priced and great reputation.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010469
Mobile Version of Website