Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 9:39 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
dragan-the-dragon wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Cannot unsee post and saddle combo.

Holeeee poop I saw it now.

there fixed it!

photo

Now we talking! Green spring is rad.

Don't care for belt driven crap, but that green spring is insanely awesome

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 10:00 Quote
Something innovative and different = crap.

A spring with some green paint on it = insanely awesome.

Ok.

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 10:04 Quote
dingus wrote:

Ok.
That's how this thread works isn't it? lol

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 10:07 Quote
dingus wrote:

Ok.

Something that isn't as good as something that already exists, and is still more expensive and heavier = crap

Something that looks cool and still works = cool

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 10:30 Quote
I mkow its a stock bike, but its new for 2016 and probably not very known around here, so hope its ok to post.
4099.99 Euro for this setup. This is the top model. the basic starts 2999e

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 10:41 Quote
meh I dont care, I would give up on derailleurs and cassettes for a carbon belt and gearbox bike.

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 10:44 Quote
its-chris wrote:
meh I dont care, I would give up on derailleurs and cassettes for a carbon belt and gearbox bike.

Whats durability like? and how smooth are gearbox's?

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 10:49 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
its-chris wrote:

Whats durability like? and how smooth are gearbox's?
http://www.bicycle-junkies.com/gear-reviews/62-gear/178-review-pinion-p1-18-gearbox-with-gates-cdx-belt

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 11:25 Quote
Durability is that they will last forever. (Gearbox not belt) but the belt lasts long enough that is is more likely to dry rot for improper maintenence than to actually wear out.

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 11:33 Quote
So the only problem is price?And accessibility of parts I'm guessing? Aren't most gearbox's twist grip shift?

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 11:34 Quote
angel13 wrote:
I mkow its a stock bike, but its new for 2016 and probably not very known around here, so hope its ok to post.
4099.99 Euro for this setup. This is the top model. the basic starts 2999e

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

That looks an awful lot like the new khs dh bike. Rebranded?

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 11:37 Quote
surely with dust getting into the box the teeth would get wrecked eventually, and you would have to replace it. However, i guess it would be really expensive and until that point the standard cassette is favourable. Although i have no ideas on pricing and what i am saying is just guessing and logic

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
youcallthatcheap wrote:
surely with dust getting into the box the teeth would get wrecked eventually, and you would have to replace it. However, i guess it would be really expensive and until that point the standard cassette is favourable. Although i have no ideas on pricing and what i am saying is just guessing and logic

You should read that article before you start making assumptions. It is a sealed gearbox with oil. The gearbox is manufactured in Germany and was designed by engineers that formerly designed gearboxes for Porsche. So I am pretty sure they have a pretty good idea what they are doing.

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 11:46 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
youcallthatcheap wrote:

You should read that article before you start making assumptions. It is a sealed gearbox with oil.
yeah ok what i would assume my bad, however play will still occur after time right? and when the teeth run out you will have to replace them, right? just the question is price, and how long will it survive, i think it will be a lot longer than a cassette drivetrain.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023191
Mobile Version of Website