What would be the best coil shock for an intense slopestyle ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What would be the best coil shock for an intense slopestyle ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 24, 2012 at 4:58 Quote
Hi,

Im after some help - i currently have an intense slopestyle frame , currently running fox van 180's on front and dhx rear air shock.
I dont really like the air shock so am looking to replace it with a coil one , now the question , which one ?

I dont want to spend a ridiculous price on getting one , as much as id love a ccdb its just not gonna happen - so which fox ones , rockshox ones etc ?

Do mainly freeride with med dh , will do most things if they are infront on me but not a heavy hucker....

Im sure the bike will feel better with coil than air but then im pretty new to all this so please anyone with some advice please........

thanks
Dean

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 at 5:32 Quote
Fox Van R's are a decent cheap option, rockshox vivids are good, but for the money i'd buy an x fusion rear shock you will get way more for you money. depends how much you want to spend and what sort of adjustments you want, if you like to set and forget then just get a shock with rebound adjust and get the appropriate spring and you're good to go, otherwise if you want more adjustments = more £££
so depending how much you want to spend, low end fox/vivid/x fusion. Or, just get a better air shock, x fusion vector is doing me alrite Wink

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 at 5:38 Quote
cheers dude , i was looking at the rc4 but they are like 400 quid , then the vivids and also one called a kage , being totally honest i have very minimal knowledge of all this , but i know the slopestyle was sold with a coil spring so wanted to go back to how it should be , dont like the fact air gets harder as it compresses thats all ? i dont spend hours adjusting either lol , just sit on it bounce a little and then go try it basically lol

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 at 5:44 Quote
deanrc wrote:
cheers dude , i was looking at the rc4 but they are like 400 quid , then the vivids and also one called a kage , being totally honest i have very minimal knowledge of all this , but i know the slopestyle was sold with a coil spring so wanted to go back to how it should be , dont like the fact air gets harder as it compresses thats all ? i dont spend hours adjusting either lol , just sit on it bounce a little and then go try it basically lol

I'd recommend the fox van rc for about £280, rebound and low speed compression adjust (which adjusts the shaft speed in the initial part of the stroke) and you have Mojo as backup who are great to deal with. And stock is always pretty good too

Posted: Nov 8, 2012 at 14:49 Quote
The vivid air would be another consideration. The van and the rc4 left a gap between them for shock selection. The vivid fills that gap. It's pretty tunable too. I've heard good things

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009498
Mobile Version of Website