Moving to The Netherlands with DH / Enduro bikes

PB Forum :: Europe
Moving to The Netherlands with DH / Enduro bikes
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2012 at 1:15 Quote
Hi guys!

Just want to check with Dutch guys how is DH/Enduro life in The Netherlands? Im moving from Russia (Moscow) to Amsterdam area for at least one year. I know Im not moving to Austria or Canada ( The area arround Moscow is also flat like a table). I used to do some Mini-micro DH + trail riding on weekends and 1 time a year holidays in Morzine. I have GT Force and about to have a new DH or Enduro bike soon. What should I expect? Or better to get some nice looking lycra pants and a hardtail with V-brakes?

Thank You in advance for your feedback

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 at 10:36 Quote
There are no dh tracks in Holland.
Its too flat. Most people go to germany but from Amsterdam Its like à 4 hour drive.i live in THE east of Holland so Its only à two hour drive. There are à lot of xc trails but i Don't do spandex , I'm riding à 6" FS all mountainbike in Holland and à 7 or 8" bike in gemany(Bikepark Willingen/Winterberg).

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 3, 2012 at 1:04 Quote
True, the only trails you'll find in the netherlans are xc trails, but what you wear is entirely up to you of course Smile Luckily Winterberg and Willingen are quite close by. n summer I go there quite regularly. I live in Haarlem (near Amsterdam) and it is a 4 hour drive to Winterberg.

Cheers

Posted: May 21, 2013 at 6:41 Quote
Hi!

I have moved finally
Already tested brand new YT Tues 2.0 in Winterberg
Also was in Malmedy once
Its not around the corner of course but 3 hours drive is not smth impossible

Thanks!
Dmitry

Posted: Jun 19, 2013 at 7:21 Quote
Welcome to the Netherlands, Dmitry!

Check out the site http://www.mtbroutes.nl/ for some (dutch)info about some permanent trails over here. Click on 'Kaart Netherlands' (map of the Netherlands) to see a map with these routes.

Hope you enjoy yourselve, spandex or not Big Grin

Cheers!
Jorik

Posted: Jun 19, 2013 at 8:10 Quote
Hey, go check out filthy trails in Belgium! not to far away and closer then Germany. ( www.filthytrails.com)

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 3:48 Quote
Hi Team,

Does anyone know any forum for Enduro Motorbike Riders ?

Thanks and Best Regards
Asela

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
Hi there,

All tho the reply’s on Dmitry i’m interrested in the specialized evo s2 27,5.
I’ve called a few specialezed dealer and it seames that there are no evo’s in the Netherlands ( wonder why Wink )
So i wonder if anybody ever ordert a bike online outside Holland and if so wich site can you recommend?

Thanks

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025222
Mobile Version of Website