What hubs and where

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What hubs and where
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 24, 2012 at 13:18 Quote
Wich hubs to get for both front and rear ( Must be black )?
Wich online stores sells em and ships to Canada?

Also, is there a major difference between 32 and 36h?

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 at 18:44 Quote
this all depends on how much money you wanna spend and what kinda riding, and what kinda rims

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 at 18:45 Quote
[Quote="dylangrieve"]this all depends on how much money you wanna spend and what kinda riding, and what kinda rims[/Quote

Street and park
Mavic ex721s or atomlab pimplite

No specific budget, nothing over 300 for rear

Posted: Nov 25, 2012 at 18:56 Quote
Pjoron93 wrote:

Do you already have rims? These will determine whether you need 32 or 36 spoke hubs, and help you narrow down your options.

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 3:34 Quote
em-j wrote:
Pjoron93 wrote:

Do you already have rims? These will determine whether you need 32 or 36 spoke hubs, and help you narrow down your options.

Dont have rims yet but both the rims Im after offers 32 or 36h
I dont know tho whats the major difference between 32 and 36h

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 9:39 Quote
There isn't really one. Some manufacturers prefer one to the other, so it just depends which brand you want to go with. I have always had 32's. Right now I have Mavic 823's laced to I9 hubs which are pretty bombproof, but a bit out of your league budget wise. I have also had 823's laced to Sun Ringle Jumping Flea hubs, which are a fair bit cheaper, super light and an all round really solid hassle free performer. You can get them in black.

Do you have an idea how much you want to spend all up? There are some really great second hand, near new wheelsets that go pretty cheap in the BuySell.

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 15:42 Quote
em-j wrote:
There isn't really one. Some manufacturers prefer one to the other, so it just depends which brand you want to go with. I have always had 32's. Right now I have Mavic 823's laced to I9 hubs which are pretty bombproof, but a bit out of your league budget wise. I have also had 823's laced to Sun Ringle Jumping Flea hubs, which are a fair bit cheaper, super light and an all round really solid hassle free performer. You can get them in black.

Do you have an idea how much you want to spend all up? There are some really great second hand, near new wheelsets that go pretty cheap in the BuySell.

Im shopping for hubs only atm

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 at 19:51 Quote
Ok, well no problem then. What are you using them for?

www.jensonusa.com
These guys ship to Canada, and have a decent range. If you have your rims picked out and can have either 32 or 36 hole then pick out whatever the hell you like.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 7:46 Quote
em-j wrote:
Ok, well no problem then. What are you using them for?

www.jensonusa.com
These guys ship to Canada, and have a decent range. If you have your rims picked out and can have either 32 or 36 hole then pick out whatever the hell you like.

Ima use em on my Dobermann Pinscher for street and park purpose
Althought I dont really want 32h

I feel like it will be less stornger

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 8:26 Quote
I've been riding gnarly DH on a 6 inch bike with 32 spoke wheels. It is not going to make any difference for what you want to do. See if you can track down those sun ringle jumping flea hubs. They're 32 hole, they make them in 135mm and they come in black. They're also great value for money and about the lightest you're going to get in your price range.

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 10:03 Quote
em-j wrote:
I've been riding gnarly DH on a 6 inch bike with 32 spoke wheels. It is not going to make any difference for what you want to do. See if you can track down those sun ringle jumping flea hubs. They're 32 hole, they make them in 135mm and they come in black. They're also great value for money and about the lightest you're going to get in your price range.

If I were to get 32hs I would get Ns Rotarys

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 15:17 Quote
Then why did you make a thread asking for help?

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 18:03 Quote
em-j wrote:
Then why did you make a thread asking for help?

Cause Im looking for 36hs, not 32s

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 at 18:11 Quote
You never specified 36 hole hubs.You asked the difference between 32 and 36 hole. This guy takes the time to give you good advise then you blow him off because you want 36 hole hubs. Be more specific with your questions. Or better yet do what a lot of us have done read take the time to do the research on the products you want and educate yourself. GOOGLE is your friend they are product reviews literally every where.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012197
Mobile Version of Website