Your Bike History Timeline!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Your Bike History Timeline!
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 at 12:54 Quote
^^ Same did "biking" without even knowing there was PB/MTBR, or even Pro's etc. Thanks for sharing.

^ Yeah it can be a bit time consuming but once you get in it, it all goes down faster than you think.

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 at 14:08 Quote
really time consuming to post here... but a shitload of good memories will get you and make you want to call your friends and family for a bike ride or a beer Salute

FL
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 2:51 Quote
Bored at work, so might as well post my bikes.

First I had this. If I ever have a chance to buy Imperial frame again I will do it in a heartbeat.
photo
Traded Imperial with my friend for this.
photo
After that I had Specialized p.3
photo
Specialized got sold and I bought SC Chameleon for dirt cheap. (Not my picture, but almost same build as my friend had)
photo
Chameleon was traded for GT Lopes, this is still my favorite with Evil.
photo
Sunn Radical, had it same time with GT. Rawed it straight away because brown was ugly Big Grin
photo
photo
Sold Sunn and bought Zumbi F44ti with full Avy suspension. Smooth and heavy as hell
photo
After Zumbi had Morewood Kalula with BOS kit, one of the funniest bikes I have owned, but was lacking something for my likes Frown
photo
Swapped Kalula with my friend to Mondraker Summum. After a season of riding ordered some stickers to it.
My Mondraker Summum
photo

Oh and I had somewhere in the middle of all those 2008 Devinci 8flat8 that got stolen after a month of riding
I think I have somekind of problem with new and shiny bikes Big Grin

FL
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 3:32 Quote
only going to post the bikes that i bought, parents have no clue!!!

my first bike that i used for touring around europe when i was 18, similar bike shown mine had front and rear panniers.

mbk aventure 1989 i rode this around europe for about 6 months
my second bike was my beloved 1989 Fisher CR7, cost me £1200!!! picture is similar, mine had onza porcupine tyres, an offroad flexstem an carbon fibre bars with SPD pedals when they first came out
fisher cr7

next bike was a team Marin around 1992, had it pretty standard, loved the square tread tyres.
team marin

then i met my future wife and sold both for a house deposit

had a break for nearly 20years then got this
scott scale 30

then i bought this on a whim (a pretty good bike as it turned out) and headed to morzine after owning it for 3 weeks!!!
photo

then i just went middle aged crazy and bought 3 bikes in about 3 months,
trying to find THE ONE
photo
finished.
custom built this one!!
photo

now i have been told that i must sell 2 of them as i only have one backside!!! (the wife ruining my biking again!!)

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 12:26 Quote
I'm going to avoid the blurb and just post photo's or we could be here a looong time...

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Yeti nearly done just neeeds new stanchion and fork serviced now

Canfield Jedi now rocking shimano zee ten speed new chain chromag 35 tooth chainring burgtec hibs on 721 rims. Still at 36lbs

taa daa, that's in 6 years Smile

My new hack bike commencal animal max max. Set me back a whopping 150 quid and its like new. Only changes so far are a juicy 7 rear brake on braided hose. New crankset stem and some suspension is the long term plan tup

MY newest toy. 2009 yeti 4x complete bike weighs 11.5Kg.. standout goodies are full thomson finishing components crank bros wheels xtr brkes on brake authority rotors zee drivetrain easton havoc bars...

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 12:34 Quote
Sweet. That blue intense? Intense? Haro? hahah looks massive! I can see your taste though all those bikes, something definitely different from the more mainstream bunch.

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 12:44 Quote
Spicy-Mike wrote:
Sweet. That blue intense? Intense? Haro? hahah looks massive! I can see your taste though all those bikes, something definitely different from the more mainstream bunch.

i owned the haro werks/intense m1 before the woodbumble, but some batsrad stole it and i only managed to recover the frame. Still sold the frame for more than the bike had cost though...

Any yeah, can't bring myself to own something mainstream, too hipster for fixies!

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 13:13 Quote
chazdog wrote:
Spicy-Mike wrote:

i owned the haro werks/intense m1 before the woodbumble, but some batsrad stole it and i only managed to recover the frame. Still sold the frame for more than the bike had cost though...

Any yeah, can't bring myself to own something mainstream, too hipster for fixies!

Lol wow. Good thing you recovered that beast! Honestly pretty crazy on how much has changed...boxed/almost solid construction w/ simple standard suspension design, to smaller and smaller alloy tubing + computer design, better frame building techniques, then CF..wonder what's coming up next?

hahah, pshh yeah, fixies aren't hipster anymore. Being a hipster is too mainstream as well. Gotta be that rebellious Lone Wolf now, or be so hardcore there's not even a mainstream name to call it by... lol = ultimate zen state.

Posted: Apr 27, 2013 at 13:15 Quote
Bluevapor wrote:
My very first bike, still at my parents house. Its a Mongoose Mighty Mite.
My very first bike. A Mongoose Mighty Mite

This is my 2nd bike, also a BMX, had a great time with this one. Also still at my parents house. I hopped on to see if it still pedaled ok, cranks spun but the rear wheel didn't.
My 2nd bike a Schwinn SX2000

This is my 3rd bike, its my first mountain bike, a 93 Specialized Hardrock. I was having a little more fun than the bike wheels could handle. That crash also caused the shifters and my saddle to break. Wasn't worth reviving. It served me well for 18 years.
The final ride of my 93 Specialized Hardrock

After the Hardrock I decided it was time for a DH bike. So I went with a 2011 Specialized Big Hit III. Right now the only upgrade I have is an Answer ProTaper DH 780 bar. I just put in an order for Answer grips and stem and am saving up for some Hayes Stroker Aces.
photo

Just added this to my collection. 2013 Specialized P.Street 1. Put on an Easton Havoc 35mm stem and some extra Specialized grips. Upgrades will soon follow.
Side view of the new P.Street 1

Posted: Aug 30, 2013 at 2:40 Quote
This thread might be old but oh well.

My bike history

Can't remember how old i was but i remember my first ever bike.
I was all over spiderman i remembered watching the first movie and I wanted to be him back then.
I got this for my birthday Big Grin

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://images.littlewoods.com/is/image/Littlewoods/prodDetailMain-300x400/spiderman-ultimate-16-inch-bike%7CJ296P_SP401_17_36LDT.jpg
My Dad was teaching me how to ride without my stabilizers (training wheels) and i was riding up and down this car park then i fell to the side. That scared me till i was 6. Then playing with my mates i picked up his bike no stabilizers and just rode it. i was proper bombing it around our housing estate. and that made me into mountain biking.

I then got bigger and i grown out of spiderman haha. i needed a bigger bike. i was 6 at the time.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mXvUkrHrpf1w3XIeUGWdUXg.jpg
Its not the same bike but it is very similar

Then grown out of that and a wanted a BMX so i got a reebok one for xmas when i was 8/9

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i39.tinypic.com/2hoxoye.jpg
That then got stolen Frown it was my favourite bike cause i did everything on it, Bike rides,going round the estate perfect for a 9-10 year old i still miss it Frown

For a longish period of time i was using my dad's old mountain bike until he got me this for my 11th birthday.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cycleking.co.uk/uploaded/thumbs/thumb3_1G05010.jpg
This was the time i picked up my first ever MBUK magazine. and i was reading an article about downhill mountain biking and that made me want to do downhill. Although there was no chance i was getting a downhill bike i improvised, that kiddies bike and a full face helmet from halfords and thor enemy goggles. Bombing it around Thetford forest. Winner!

Unfortunately we moved house and i had a 2 year no riding. because my Dad was away in afghanistan for the first 7 months then he had to go on lots of courses on the other side of the country. And my mum wasn't into that kind of stuff plus she couldn't drive.

I had a massive growth spurt during that time so i needed a adults bike. Dad got me a GT Aggressor 3.0 but i never really used it much then.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.thebikelist.co.uk/images/models/GT/2010/gt-aggressor-xc-3-mountain-bike-09-20-/Main.jpg
We then moved to cyprus last year and i thought "Great weather! i can get back into mountain biking now!" and so i did, i thrashed that Aggressor until the crank axle pretty much snapped and the forks have burst both their seals and pretty much absorb no shock, broke chain ring teeth off.

Then my parents split up Frown and i decided to stay with my dad. this brings it to August/September 2013 and now what i wanted since i was 10 I'm getting a downhill bike for my 14th birthday. I'm getting a nukeproof scalp 2012 and im over the moon, were still sorting it all out but its safe to say its going down in my bike history.

photo

Thats about it, thanks for reading Smile

Posted: Aug 30, 2013 at 8:48 Quote
Back from the dead Wink

End result is very niceee

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2013 at 10:59 Quote
1992(ish) Offroad Proflex 550. Girvin Flexstem, elastomer rear suspension.
1992 Offroad Proflex 550. My first mountain bike. Unfortunately not my picture. Didn t even dawn on me to take pics of my bikes back then.
1994 Cannondale KillerV 900. Full XT, rigid fork.
1994 Cannondale Killer V 900. Unfortunately the only pic I have of it taken on a disposable camera.
Then, after a 10 year hiatus, I got this. 2006 Norco Nitro
2006 Norco Nitro. My first mountain bike after a 10 year hiatus.
and this: 2006 Devinci Johnson
photo
and this: 2006 Specialized P2
2006 Specialized P2
2007 Trek Fuel EX8
2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
2009 Morewood Makulu
July 2012 update of the Makulu. New wheels
And to get around town: 2011 Marin Dominican
Marin Dominican
And to keep in shape: 2011 Giant TCR Composite
Giant TCR Composite

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 2:01 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
finished.
custom built this one!!

What is this beautiful thing?

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 2:42 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
finished.
custom built this one!!

What is this beautiful thing?

Saracen Myst

Also this thread is completely dead now Frown I know some of the guy on any bike dj thread are doing this on there right now for those interested.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 23:05 Quote
Thought I would bring this thread back to life as it is one of the coolest, most interesting on here

My first bike, Walmart NEXT Power Climber. got it for my birthday for a hundred bucks and didnt ride it for a while. Had a chance to go to a bikepark and opted not to. The passion was not yet lit. I started riding with one of my friends and his dad, I was HOOKED. this NEXT broke most of its spokes, wore brakes to nothing and cracks everywhere. I think it was time for a real bike... here is the next

photo

at this point I was 12 I think and had no idea where bikes would take me. I knew nothing about bikes and decided to educate myself. after a year of saving birthday money and selling my xbox360, wii and all the games I had $525 to pay for this beast haha

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://archive.trekbikes.com/images/bikes/2007/large/topfuel8_bajasilver.jpg
Nothing will compare to the feeling of finally earning that first REAL full suspension bike. I think I rode that thing everyday for a solid month. Me and the same friend I started with busted out a 54mile 8 hour ride one time. Those were the days... I found myself gravitating towards downhill so here came the heckler

photo
photo

The gold heckler has been my favorite bike for as long as I can remember. I upgraded literally everything on it except for the king headset. It took me to big bear, multiple 50 mile epics, big bear and probably the best trail I have ever ridden still to this day, Tahoe Rim trail in the pissing rain. Picture moist chocolate cake, that was the dirt that day.

My next bike is one I had been lusting over for quite some time... Ibis mojo HD

photo
photo

I was fed up with the geometry of the Ibis, High, Steep and unstable so I traded it

Again I found myself going more and more towards the downhill side of things but still wanted to climb, this is when I found Canfield and their ONE which I traded the Ibis for.

photo
photo
photo

But then...

photo

I loved that bike haha and Canfield as a brand. It restricted me from riding for a solid 4 months before I could work up enough cash for a new frame. Going full on dh now. This brings me to present day, just built up yesterday and its maiden voyage today...

photo

So stoked on bikes. Thanks for reading. I am 17 now and this all happen since I was 13

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.056960
Mobile Version of Website