Trip Planning Help.

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Trip Planning Help.
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 18:42 Quote
Hey Guys, So as you can see, I am from the United States, Southern California to be specific and I was trying to plan a trip up to B.C. for this summer (summer of 2013). I am not 100 percent sure that this is the right place to post so I apologize in advance. I am looking for ideas on where to ride and where to stay, directly from you guys, the people who live there. We are planning to bring our mountain bike club up and as many other local riders that want to come and can afford it. We are all juniors or seniors in high school thus we are trying to keep it cheap (relatively speaking) We don't exactly care where we stay, we just wanna shred. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
-E.Chap

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 18:44 Quote
Subbed for information, I'd love to do this sometime.

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 17:08 Quote
Why don't you go to mammoth.lol Like don't you have to be over 18 and have an active credit card to stay in a hotel? How will you get places if no one has a drivers license? What happens when you get seriously injured in another country? How much extra do you have to pay because you luggage is over sized and over 50 pounds? what happens when your bike breaks? Just important things to take into consideration. California is one of the best MTB places in the country I don't know why you need to travel out of country. You haven't even been to a 1/16 of the trails just in San Diego alone.lol I'm not trying to be a smartass, i'm actually curious on how this could be pulled off.

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 17:23 Quote
There is a lot of cheap - free camping on the island and in the interior.
As for injuries, traveling insurance is cheap. I travel to the states to ride and its like $20 a week an you can buy it from any insurance place.
Just make sure you have your passports, and know the name and location of the campsite your staying at.

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 17:40 Quote
U.S. health insurance is the complete opposite of Canada's. Not saying your wrong. do you have to pay 20 dollars a week for a year or something?

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 20:57 Quote
Idoeverything wrote:
Why don't you go to mammoth.lol Like don't you have to be over 18 and have an active credit card to stay in a hotel? How will you get places if no one has a drivers license? What happens when you get seriously injured in another country? How much extra do you have to pay because you luggage is over sized and over 50 pounds? what happens when your bike breaks? Just important things to take into consideration. California is one of the best MTB places in the country I don't know why you need to travel out of country. You haven't even been to a 1/16 of the trails just in San Diego alone.lol I'm not trying to be a smartass, i'm actually curious on how this could be pulled off.
Calm down and stop trying to tell me California is better than Canada and I can't take a trip to Whistler.....and stop stalking every one of my posts please its getting annoying. I have different goals and aspirations than you. And if you think San Diego is one of the best mountain biking places in the country...you should open your eyes. Dillon...have you mountain biked any where out of the state or even the city for that matter? The answer to one or both of those questions is probably "no" ...no offense but you don't know what your talking about. Just stick to RC cars Dead Horse

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2012 at 21:14 Quote
Idoeverything wrote:
U.S. health insurance is the complete opposite of Canada's. Not saying your wrong. do you have to pay 20 dollars a week for a year or something?
Also to answer your questions...I have a license but we will most likely be using ride share or public transportation. We will probably stay somewhere near the places to ride. We don't have to worry about health because if we get hurt we still have medical insurance. Also you don't have to be 18 to fly alone. I flew to Alaska by myself when i was 13. Shipping bikes is interesting but do-able.

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 17:06 Quote
Alright lets start of by saying this was a friendly conversation to understand how something like this would work. Hmmm that went south fast didn't it? Alright I will put this in a sequential order so that retards like you will understand.
1)I ride bikes 2-3 times in a normal school week with good friends, not a half assed school club where people rely on biking because academically they are going no where in life. Also Eric have you ever seen them on their DS's oh it hilarious trust me, seeing half the mtb in the library club playing Pokemon.
2)What car do you have, i'm curious. Since you have a license. Also I wanna see you change a tire on a car
3)You need to learn how to fix a bike before you go out of country to face plant in a pile of bear shit. Considering you called me a selfish a*shole just because I didn't want to fix YOUR bike.
4)Last I recall, you wanted to get sponsored in rc cars and pay 20+ dollars a week to race at SDRC. Let's not forget you went out and bought a Baja to only use it a couple times. (for anyone that doesn't know what an HPI baja is, it's a 1 thousand dollar RC car, yes a rc car).
5)How about that 3000 dollar bike(in your mind) that would pass as scrap metal at the dump.
6)Now me doing rc cars. I drive rc cars all the time I enjoy it, I could give a rats ass if you think i'm weird because of it.
7)I wonder how you got into DH/FR biking, oh that's right, Daniel and me. Remember us finding ticks and the a few months later showing you. Yea in a perspective you wouldn't be riding Dh or Fr if it wasn't for me.
Cool You should get your own personality before crashing 10 different peoples together. We always find it funny how you have no real individual personality. It's always changing depending on the people your around.
9)You take everything over the top. Look at rc cars, getting sponsored come on. Airsofting, I remember when you wanted to start an airsoft team, funny. Bikes, well wha don't you do that's over the top in bikes I mean look what this thread is about.
In short terms STFU. There ya go. lol the reason I follow your post; they are always so ridiculous and stupid I lmao at all of them.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 22:11 Quote
Idoeverything wrote:
Alright lets start of by saying this was a friendly conversation to understand how something like this would work. Hmmm that went south fast didn't it? Alright I will put this in a sequential order so that retards like you will understand.
1)I ride bikes 2-3 times in a normal school week with good friends, not a half assed school club where people rely on biking because academically they are going no where in life. Also Eric have you ever seen them on their DS's oh it hilarious trust me, seeing half the mtb in the library club playing Pokemon.
2)What car do you have, i'm curious. Since you have a license. Also I wanna see you change a tire on a car
3)You need to learn how to fix a bike before you go out of country to face plant in a pile of bear shit. Considering you called me a selfish a*shole just because I didn't want to fix YOUR bike.
4)Last I recall, you wanted to get sponsored in rc cars and pay 20+ dollars a week to race at SDRC. Let's not forget you went out and bought a Baja to only use it a couple times. (for anyone that doesn't know what an HPI baja is, it's a 1 thousand dollar RC car, yes a rc car).
5)How about that 3000 dollar bike(in your mind) that would pass as scrap metal at the dump.
6)Now me doing rc cars. I drive rc cars all the time I enjoy it, I could give a rats ass if you think i'm weird because of it.
7)I wonder how you got into DH/FR biking, oh that's right, Daniel and me. Remember us finding ticks and the a few months later showing you. Yea in a perspective you wouldn't be riding Dh or Fr if it wasn't for me.
Cool You should get your own personality before crashing 10 different peoples together. We always find it funny how you have no real individual personality. It's always changing depending on the people your around.
9)You take everything over the top. Look at rc cars, getting sponsored come on. Airsofting, I remember when you wanted to start an airsoft team, funny. Bikes, well wha don't you do that's over the top in bikes I mean look what this thread is about.
In short terms STFU. There ya go. lol the reason I follow your post; they are always so ridiculous and stupid I lmao at all of them.
sounds like somebody is a.little jealous...

Posted: Dec 11, 2012 at 23:31 Quote
Idoeverything wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21639673.jpg

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 7:34 Quote
thank you. we're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view. So unique in fact I remember hearing it in 7th grade... fascinating.
lol

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 7:36 Quote
Thank you! Ok so thus far I see that a flight from San Diego to Vancouver cost a bit more than 400 bucks then I'm not sure if we wanna ride Whistler the whole time there or travel around to a few different bike parks around there. I haven't checked out the camping idea you mentioned as I'm not sure it would be close enough to the park more input would be greatly appreciated

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 7:59 Quote
Thank u finally back to the topic.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 8:17 Quote
You are welcome Dillon Devore I'm glad you are happy we are back on topic because that's really what matters. Anyway just wanted to say that you can also fly to Seattle for cheaper and then rent a car and drive to the bike parks from there. I heard it may be cheaper than flying to directly to Van.

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 9:06 Quote
bikemore123 wrote:
You are welcome Dillon Devore I'm glad you are happy we are back on topic because that's really what matters. Anyway just wanted to say that you can also fly to Seattle for cheaper and then rent a car and drive to the bike parks from there. I heard it may be cheaper than flying to directly to Van.
Have you ran this idea by your parents yet?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009709
Mobile Version of Website