Footpaths... What are your opinions?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Footpaths... What are your opinions?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 5:28 Quote
As it says in the title really, what are people's attitudes to use of footpaths?

Do you ride footpaths... all the time/when neccesary/ never?

What are your experiences of other footpath users?

Discuss!

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 6:51 Quote
bengerrish wrote:
As it says in the title really, what are people's attitudes to use of footpaths?

Do you ride footpaths... all the time/when neccesary/ never?

What are your experiences of other footpath users?

Discuss!
i only use footpaths when I feel some parts of the roads are to busy and I don't feel safe.

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 7:15 Quote
Sorry I didn't explain myself very well, I mean footpaths up in the fells rather than roadside, like single track, trails type stuff!

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 7:35 Quote
bengerrish wrote:
Sorry I didn't explain myself very well, I mean footpaths up in the fells rather than roadside, like single track, trails type stuff!
ok heeeeee . My closest place I ride is called sutton park this is a public park with many public paths and some off track walking paths most of the paths are part of my rideing rout and walkers with dogs mostly can be really bad at moving out of your way when they even see you coming . It's a pain when you get your speed up and they just don't move forcing me to have to almost come to a full stop. I ones rode thought a puddle that splash on a walkers shoes he said I have no right to ride here and all bikes should be shot. I do try and use the out skirts of the park where most walkers don't use . I Allso think most walkers do not understand that I am in control of my bike and I can stop in a heart beat if I need to and most walkers panic and almost make a problem . I have full respect for walkers on path but I don't like to be judged like I'm a bike crazy yobo who has no respect

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 10:00 Quote
Officially, footpaths are for walkers only.

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-way-open-access-land/public-rights-of-way

Posted: Dec 13, 2012 at 12:04 Quote
Is that your opinion mate or just quoting rules?

Posted: Dec 13, 2012 at 22:59 Quote
bengerrish wrote:
Is that your opinion mate or just quoting rules?

I'm not saying I've never ridden on a footpath, but slating/arguing with walkers for not getting out the way on one isn't very respectful for example.

If you're going to ride on one then make sure you understand that technically you shouldn't be there and have no right of way and respect the walkers.

I'd like to think that would get riders more mutual respect when it comes to other places/bridal ways etc. After all we riders wouldn't be too happy about a horse rider trying to barge through, we get the hump with drivers that do the same to us.

Hopefully that made some sense, extremely hungover..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009724
Mobile Version of Website