Profile Cranks...

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Profile Cranks...
Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 12:45 Quote
hawaii-rider wrote:
opinions are like a**holes...everyone has one.
its all personal preference.
i wouldnt get odyssey cranks. redline and profile are race companies for the most part, i would only get redline if it were on sale for $30. and profiles are REALLY nice but there not for me, i seen a snapped pair and a few bent n cracked ones.

I guess you fail to know that Redline has been around since the 70's.they were/are involved in all forms of BMX,not just racing.

Just so you know,the Redline Device cranks are some of the strongest cranks around.

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 12:47 Quote
kiGs13 wrote:
What about Odyssey cranks? Twombolts/Thunderbolts?

The Thunderbolts are really strong cranks too.have you looked in cranks like the Animal akimbo or the Eclat Onyx cranks?

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 12:53 Quote
great, if you think so then buy the device cranks

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 13:05 Quote
Lets make everyone happ and buy these cranks.

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/453012/Poverty_1-pc_Crank.html

The chances of you snapping these are 0%. they will never break, your bottom bracket will crack off of your frame before these break. Your wlecome.

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 13:37 Quote
hawaii-rider wrote:
opinions are like a**holes...everyone has one.
its all personal preference.
i wouldnt get odyssey cranks. redline and profile are race companies for the most part, i would only get redline if it were on sale for $30. and profiles are REALLY nice but there not for me, i seen a snapped pair and a few bent n cracked ones.
redline are one of the origional bmx comapnies, redline device cranks are possibly the strongest cranks you can buy and profile have been making freestyle parts for years and for the last 10 years or so have been predominantly a freestly company, not race. More people run profile cranks than any other crank on the market so there are obviously going to be a couple of crack/ snapped pairs on the internet. odyssey cranks again are really really strong cranks I really dont know where you're getting your information...

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 14:18 Quote
once again its just personal preference. ever since i held the snaped in half profile arm in my hands i knew i wouldnt buy them, but thats just me, i still know profile is one of the best companies of all time, i just dont use there arms, but i have profile spindles on both my bikes

we should all just switch to poverty 1-pc cranks and not take shit so seriously, just ride

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 14:20 Quote
hawaii-rider wrote:
once again its just personal preference. ever since i held the snaped in half profiles in my hands i knew i woulndt buy them, but thats just me, i still know profile is one of the best companies of all time, i just dont use there arms, but i have profile spindles on both my bikes

we should all just switch to poverty 1-pc cranks and not take shit so seriously, just ride

I said that already Facepalm

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 14:26 Quote
mtxfreestyle13 wrote:
hawaii-rider wrote:
once again its just personal preference. ever since i held the snaped in half profile arm in my hands i knew i wouldnt buy them, but thats just me, i still know profile is one of the best companies of all time, i just dont use there arms, but i have profile spindles on both my bikes

I said that already Facepalm

cheers

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 14:44 Quote
hawaii-rider wrote:
great, if you think so then buy the device cranks

I know so,I've been riding bmx bikes before you were even born.

Redline is known for making strong cranks,since the early days of their flight cranks back in the 80's and even today.

So from your personal experience,how many Redline Device cranks have you seen broken?

Posted: Dec 18, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
We can go on forever guys but lets not. I mean i have an old racing specialized frame from the 90's and its still up and running, but there bmx bikes now suck. Just because it was once good doesnt mean its still good. Some companys make worse parts some make better. Like ive said before the type of crank your getting all depends on what you ride, your bike setup, how big/heavy you are, etc. If hes doing flatland than he doesnt need to worry about strength. If hes riding street or dirt it all depends on how big/heavy he is and where he puts his pressure on points... and his frame mayput the strees on the bb of the frame not the cranks. You just never know. We all break parts in different spots. And every part has a weekpoint. And some come worse from the factory than others. So just stop arguing and go ride a bike guys. Go have fun.

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 5:00 Quote
spyke wrote:
kiGs13 wrote:

The Thunderbolts are really strong cranks too.have you looked in cranks like the Animal akimbo or the Eclat Onyx cranks?
I have never really thought about getting any Animal or Eclat parts.

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 11:13 Quote
kiGs13 wrote:
spyke wrote:
kiGs13 wrote:

I have never really thought about getting any Animal or Eclat parts.

You should look into those two brands,they make really good parts.

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 22:46 Quote
Odyssey Thunderbolts! I went from Profile to Odyssey. They are awesome!!!! Really can't go wrong with Odyssey, Profile, Animal, or Eclat. Just don't ever buy primo! everything primo is garbage.

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 at 13:18 Quote
howmaybesgo wrote:
Odyssey Thunderbolts! I went from Profile to Odyssey. They are awesome!!!! Really can't go wrong with Odyssey, Profile, Animal, or Eclat. Just don't ever buy primo! everything primo is garbage.
Alrighty.

Posted: Jan 4, 2013 at 7:11 Quote
howmaybesgo wrote:

primo samsquantch bars are amazing and my old aneyerlater held up good

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024764
Mobile Version of Website