My first three tricks help me if you can.

PB Forum :: Tutorials
My first three tricks help me if you can.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 26, 2012 at 17:16 Quote
I Just picked up a cryptkeeper and though its not a street bike I figured i would get a good feel for my bike learning these "basic tricks"
front wheel pivot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKoxu7GBE-E
180 bunny hope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWY92Kcw9E8
Manual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_453205&feature=iv&src_vid=QQGHXEPfMcQ&v=VIqEoh5Arco

its cold out so I am practicing in my basement which is big enough for the first 2 but manuals are hard because i have to bail out early. The videos are showing me most of what i need and I am sure with practice i will eventually get it. How long did it take for you guys to master these tricks? I am only on day 2 so i figure at least 2 months of practicing every day . maybe more? any little tips and feedback is appreciated.

Posted: Mar 12, 2013 at 11:36 Quote
The front wheel pivot is one of those things that you will get with practice you will find your self spinning more and more as you get more confidence which will also give you finesse in the execution. Then go learn them on logs or train tracks Big Grin

Some people never learn to manual iv been riding for nearly 20 years and for the life of me can't manual more than 2 bike lengths apart for one time when I hit balance point and held it for going on 1/4 mile down a hill and could never replicate my achievement

Can't comment on 180 hops never learnt them as I was mainly a downhill guy who only dabbled in street/trials

Posted: Mar 19, 2013 at 20:19 Quote
Thanks for the response.It's been a while since I posted and the front wheel pivot is almost at 180. I may never get the manual because of my fear of falling back. it was the same way when doing a wheelie on my Yamaha r1. I hit the balance point for a minute and as soon as i start leaning too far back i hit the brakes too hard and drop quick. the 180 bunny hop is a little past 90 but i haven't been practicing as much because i took a hard fall a few weeks back on a new dirt jump track i found. Once the weather gets warmer out here i'm sure with practice i will have everything mastered except the manual.

Posted: Apr 6, 2013 at 16:54 Quote
In regards to the manual an your fear of falling backward. Just find a nice spot with grass and practice just pulling the bike just past the balance point so you need to bail. Do this at slow speed obviously and do it just so you can practice bailing. That should improve your confidence when practicing manuals for real on pavement.

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 18:08 Quote
i have tried on grass but the grass slows me down so much that i don't have enough speed and time to find that point.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 at 5:01 Quote
flexte wrote:
i have tried on grass but the grass slows me down so much that i don't have enough speed and time to find that point.
keep a finger on your brake , and use a little tap when you feel like your gonna go over.
you can also practice them with your front tire really low, once you get the front up you have to bring it up a little further to where it feels uncomfortably high.
then its a matter of moving your hips( forward and back) to keep balanced.
keep practicing once you start getting them , they are so addicting

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 at 5:03 Quote
Then problem I have is one always hit the brake too hard and drop fast and hard

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2013 at 5:22 Quote
flexte wrote:
Then problem I have is one always hit the brake too hard and drop fast and hard
ya probly.
I find when im doing them it feels like im hanging from my front end. can really feel it pulling in my shoulders.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012991
Mobile Version of Website