A trip to anywhere in the Alps from the UK

PB Forum :: Europe
A trip to anywhere in the Alps from the UK
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2013 at 10:36 Quote
Hi guys,

Need some advice.

I'm looking to get away to the mountains for a week or two this summer with the bike. Can anyone recommend where would be good to go to for some AM/light DH trails maybe with a lift to the top if I'm feeling lazy.

Really open to countries but I have relatives in Switzerland so that might be easier logistically but then again I'm up for an adventure!

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 7:06 Quote
Hello,

i can recommend you bike area Saalbach-Hinterglemm http://www.bike-circus.at/

I spent there my vacation last year and it's awesome.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 8:28 Quote
yeah +1 for anything down in Southern Germany/Austria.. there's more parks and riding to bother listing.
Pick an area and can give you some specifics.

Saalbach Hinterglem is very good, with the added bonus of being able to say that you rode Leogang whilst you were there .. although, Leogang is somewhat overrated with one of the most expensive and cut up courses in the area.
Don't get me wrong Leogang is fun, but when you've got schladming and wagrain like 1.5 hours away theres so many better options! Smile

Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 13:08 Quote
I would strongly recommend the Morzine / Les Gets area as it has lots to offer.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=59197&pagenum=495

http://www.hofnar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/portes-du-soleil-mountain-biking-map.gif

Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 14:37 Quote
Cheers guys, will give them all a research.

Has anyone been to Pila in Italy? A mate of mine has some good ski contacts out there but was wondering what it's like for mtb'n?

Posted: Mar 4, 2013 at 5:49 Quote
Chevria wrote:

Has anyone been to Pila in Italy? A mate of mine has some good ski contacts out there but was wondering what it's like for mtb'n?

Hello, i was often in Italy but not in Pila. I can recommend Livigno Bikepark and Bozen-Kohlern Trails. Trails arround Gardasee are awesome. There is new bikepark in Val Gardena since last year i am looking forward for visit it.

FL
Posted: Mar 17, 2013 at 7:53 Quote
Chevria wrote:

sorry for the late replt but Pila is sick! I went there whilst staying in morzine (about 2-3hr drive i think) but it was awesome. Really technical DH with some steeper bits further down and fast wide open bits nearer the top. you can take a bubble lift from the town up to the bottom of the resort. then take chairlifts up from there for all the trials. on the way back down though, you can make it into one massive downhill track, i think it was something radiculous like 14km all downhill and take about 40mins!! i blew through a set of brake pads that day!

Not sure what it would be like over a few days but im sure you wouldnt get bored of 3-5 days there

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 at 10:50 Quote
what dates are you thinking of going?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012464
Mobile Version of Website