Who was Jesus Christ?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Who was Jesus Christ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2013 at 19:48 Quote
What do you have to say about The Son of God and why?

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 at 16:36 Quote
THIS IS THE GOOD NEWS, Please read through.

According to God's good pleasue,the eternal Son, who is equal with the Father and is the exact representation of His nature, willingly left the glory of Heaven was concieved by the Holy Spirit in the womb of a virgin, and was born the God man: Jesus of Nazareth, As a man, He walked on this earth in perfect obedience to the law of God. In the fullness of time , men rejected and crucified Him. On the cross He bore man's sin, suffered God's wrath, and died in man's place. On the third day, God raised Him from the dead. This resurrection is the divine declaration that the Father has accepted His Son's death as a sacrifice for sin. Jesus paid the penalty for man's disobedience, satisfied the demands of justice and appeased the wrath of God. Forty days after the resurrection, the Son of God ascended into the heavens, sat down at the right hand of the Father, and was given glory, honor, and dominion over all. There in the presence of God , He represents His people and makes requests to God on their behalf. All who acknowledge their sinful, helpless state and throw themselves upon Christ, God will fully pardon, declare righteous, and reconcile unto Himself. This is the gospel od God and of Jesus Christ, His Son.

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 20:46 Quote
ian17 wrote:

I think it's a very cool story bro...

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 21:20 Quote
zona wrote:
ian17 wrote:

What's cool about it?

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 22:35 Quote
ian17 wrote:
zona wrote:
ian17 wrote:

What's cool about it?

It's always nice to see a great imagination.

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 6:30 Quote
zona wrote:
ian17 wrote:
zona wrote:

What's cool about it?

It's always nice to see a great imagination.

What if its true though?

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 7:08 Quote
It most probably isn't true. Why don't you worship Mithra, he has pretty much the same credentials as JC.

Don't you think that the idea of original sin, that is past down through generations so that everyone is responsible for the actions of their predecessors is immoral?

Don't you think that God sending down himself as his son, to be put to death without actually dying, for the faults of others is immoral?

'what if its true' is Pascals wager. What if you're wrong? You'll have wasted your time. What if Islam is right? What if the Westboro church its right?

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 7:40 Quote
bobochobo wrote:
It most probably isn't true. Why don't you worship Mithra, he has pretty much the same credentials as JC.

Don't you think that the idea of original sin, that is past down through generations so that everyone is responsible for the actions of their predecessors is immoral?

Don't you think that God sending down himself as his son, to be put to death without actually dying, for the faults of others is immoral?

'what if its true' is Pascals wager. What if you're wrong? You'll have wasted your time. What if Islam is right? What if the Westboro church its right?

Mithra? A made up God. Not even close. I had to look up that word of falseness. Jesus has billions more credentials.

Are you really questioning the depravity of man? Look at the history of our short time on earth. In fact if your very thoughts were recorded for a week and it was to be shown to your close friends you would want to ru as far as you could.
Jesus Christ did die on a cross , the Romans made sure of it. They put a spear thru His side. He died becaused He loved us.
What if I am wrong? God saved me and changed me. I have seen His power and I see what He has done in the universe. That is enough proof for Me.

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 8:05 Quote
How do you know the Christian God is not made up? The storyline of Christ is pretty much the same as Mithra.

No, man commits evil acts, that is certain. However, christianity is also immoral. Stone adulterers, kill non believers etc. not to mention Lott and the angels.

What do my thoughts have to do with the existence of God? Surely if God created me and is constantly present I should only think pure thoughts.

So Christ died, and rose again, and will come again. So he's not dead, right? Anyway, if Jesus is God, and Jesus died, therefore God is dead?

Anyway, you didn't address my argument. Punishing one person for the sins of others is perverse. I object to anyone being punished for what I have done and I hope you do too.

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 8:39 Quote
bobochobo wrote:
How do you know the Christian God is not made up? The storyline of Christ is pretty much the same as Mithra.

No, man commits evil acts, that is certain. However, christianity is also immoral. Stone adulterers, kill non believers etc. not to mention Lott and the angels.

What do my thoughts have to do with the existence of God? Surely if God created me and is constantly present I should only think pure thoughts.

So Christ died, and rose again, and will come again. So he's not dead, right? Anyway, if Jesus is God, and Jesus died, therefore God is dead?

Anyway, you didn't address my argument. Punishing one person for the sins of others is perverse. I object to anyone being punished for what I have done and I hope you do too.

You asked a half dozen questions. Start with one at a time and I will answer.

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 8:46 Quote
Sure thing. How can one person take on the sins of others?

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 9:21 Quote
You believe in only one god, therefore not believing in Hundreds of other gods. When you realize why you don't believe in all these other gods you will realize why I dismiss yours.

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 10:31 Quote
bobochobo wrote:
Sure thing. How can one person take on the sins of others?

Jesus paid the penalty of man's sin and defeated sin and death with his righteous blood.
Jesus overcame sin and death for those who will accept his atonement for their sin.
He was a perfect sacrifice.
A perfect sin offering, He never sinned.
Because He was perfect God accepted the sacrifice.
Our sin was placed on Him. He becomes our righteousness before God.
If you admit your rebellion to God and turn back to Him and believe that Jesus Christ died for you and covers your sin God will forgive and save you. It is a free gift.

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 11:07 Quote
Let's say the punishment for murder is death. If I kill a man and, the day before I face the gallows, my brother says he wants to die to absorb my crime so that I am no longer responsible for that murder, would that not be immoral?

I reject the idea that one person can take the penalty for another's action. I also reject the idea that someone did that on my behalf, without my consent. I find the notion of someone suffering for someone else and then the one who committed the crime being free abhorrent.

I could not accept nor worship anyone or thing that accepts a sacrifice, especially of someone that did no wrong.

I don't know what needs forgiven, I've never committed a crime. Also what do I need saved from?

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 11:38 Quote
bobochobo wrote:
Let's say the punishment for murder is death. If I kill a man and, the day before I face the gallows, my brother says he wants to die to absorb my crime so that I am no longer responsible for that murder, would that not be immoral?

I reject the idea that one person can take the penalty for another's action. I also reject the idea that someone did that on my behalf, without my consent. I find the notion of someone suffering for someone else and then the one who committed the crime being free abhorrent.

I could not accept nor worship anyone or thing that accepts a sacrifice, especially of someone that did no wrong.

I don't know what needs forgiven, I've never committed a crime. Also what do I need saved from?

First of all its a free gift you do not have to accept it.

As far as needing forgiveness we all need to be forgiven for breaking God's law and rebelling against Him.

Have you ever:
1.Stolen
2.Lied
3.Lusted
4.wanted something that wasn't yours
5.Used God's name or Jesus name as a curse word
6.Murdered or hated
7.Not honored your parents
8.Worshipped something other than God
9.Not loved God

If you have done any of these you stand Guilty before a Holy God.
If you are guilty there is a judgement because God is just.
The penalty for sin is death and an eternity in Hell.

But God is love and provides a way to escape His wrath. In His love His Son takes your place willingly.

If you obey the Gospel you can be saved.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026478
Mobile Version of Website