Dangerous cycling offense.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dangerous cycling offense.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 11:59 Quote
Well tonight I was out with my mate giving some street riding a go. We where out for a couple of hours and then wanted to try some sets. So we went to the part of the town where we thought would be a good and quiet place to ride. A couple of minutes after being there a police officer came up to us and said why where we jumping the stairs. We said to him we where just trying to get some air and try something new. He then said to us isn't there skate parks in this town made for the kind of thing you do. We said yes but its pitch black there and there is no lights at the parks for about 100 metres or so. Then the officer drove off without saying anything else. Im just wondering has anyone here been stopped riding for the same type of thing and if so what was the reason and the result of this?

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 17:26 Quote
Never had a problem with police. Security yes, but police no. They are usually very friendly been told to move away from places and stuff never been charged or anything.

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 at 20:08 Quote
I have been stopped by police frequently in my town. I live in a small, beach town with a lot of bars. The police receive huge grants to stop DUIs and now public intoxication. Almost every time I have been stopped on my bike it's for some ridiculous reason, then they proceed to search and question me as if I'm some sort of delinquent. I'm sure they find minor reasons to stop me in an attempt to look for bigger reasons to write a citation. Like I said, I have been searched every time for no apparent reason. I'm never carrying or doing anything illegal. Anyway, I just had to rant. I'm sure the circumstances are different for you, but it's just a pain in the ass to be stopped by police when I'm just out trying to enjoy a night time bike ride in solitude.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 7:51 Quote
ok cheers for your comments, So im just wondering now if the police do stop me will i get a fine for just riding about trying out some stuff or do you think they will just tell me to move on?

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 11:56 Quote
You may get searched and stuff and possibly even charged with riding on the pavement as that is an offence. Just don't carry anything illegal, my friend has been charged with possession as he had weed when he was searched but I've never been charged.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 16:03 Quote
I've been kicked out of a school area by a teacher, and another time, by a janitor... All we were doing was dropping some different ledges and steps on our bikes... Although I actually understand that... lol lol Big Grin Razz

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 20:51 Quote
I've been kicked out of a parkade, just riding up and going as fast as we can down it, and threatened to be arrested at a skate park because I "looked suspiscious" with my helmet, white t-shirt and blue jeans....

police, if they are having a bad day, can find any way of giving you a fine for anything they please. I personally think its a crock of crap, but hey, they do keep other dunces in line.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 21:43 Quote
Anybody else ever had the itch to get into a bike pursuit with the 5-0?

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 2:57 Quote
xXxA-LinexXx wrote:

hell yeah! but you would get charged with wasting police time or some crap

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 3:00 Quote
xXxA-LinexXx wrote:
It'd be funny and they wouldn't catch me, alleys are the way to go.

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 3:03 Quote
haha it might be worth a try

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 3:51 Quote
just need the snow to go away, can't ride too icey and road salt corrodes steel frames a ton

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 3:52 Quote
it's all the special c*ntstables jealous they can't hop a stairset !

and yes, im always tempted to get the bikecops to chase me into the woods for a bit of a sesh Wink

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 3:54 Quote
I just manual past bike cops whilst laughing

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 at 4:50 Quote
xXxA-LinexXx wrote:
I have wanted to give this a try but can't be asked with the hassle if I get stopped or caught Frown

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013007
Mobile Version of Website