How to determine travel on fox 32

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
How to determine travel on fox 32
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 8:53 Quote
i bought a bike as factory spec but when i look online for spec i see theres 2 options on this bike the fox f100 and fox f120. how can i tell which mine has as it dosnt mention travel and the forks both look alike?

Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 11:22 Quote
coin-op wrote:
i bought a bike as factory spec but when i look online for spec i see theres 2 options on this bike the fox f100 and fox f120. how can i tell which mine has as it dosnt mention travel and the forks both look alike?

The F in the F100/200 means that it's a float series fork. To measure travel put a zip tie around one of the stanchions (or if there is a travel ring on it already you needn't bother) and let all the air out of the fork, then push the fork all the way down into it's travel and re inflate the fork without touching the zip tie/ travel indicator. Then just measure how far up the travel ring has gone. good luck!

Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 13:42 Quote
Jordan96Kelly wrote:
coin-op wrote:

The F in the F100/200 means that it's a float series fork. To measure travel put a zip tie around one of the stanchions (or if there is a travel ring on it already you needn't bother) and let all the air out of the fork, then push the fork all the way down into it's travel and re inflate the fork without touching the zip tie/ travel indicator. Then just measure how far up the travel ring has gone. good luck!

i thought this might be the only way cheers! i need a high pressure pump first but ill sort it.

Posted: Jan 30, 2013 at 1:17 Quote
Maybe u just simply measure the stanchion length, the longer stanchion shoul belongs to F120. I have F150, and the stanchion length is around 150mm too.

Posted: Jan 30, 2013 at 4:50 Quote
mine measures 130 but i dont think thatll be all travel, im assuming theyre 120 for the time being

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 15:10 Quote
i let all the air out and they dropped pretty much all the way leaving about 7-10 mm if that. would this make them 130mm or 120? as its right inbetween. ive never seen these sold with 130s on.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009944
Mobile Version of Website