I have just paid good money for someone's old knackered rubbish! help

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
I have just paid good money for someone's old knackered rubbish! help
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 10:24 Quote
just bought a set of fox 40's from the buy/sell section, these were described as mint condition, no marks on stanchions and so on.... not the case stanchions scratched to death and the lowers are cracked by both pinch bolts. the seller is not replying to me... paid £440 by paypal gift. what can be done. trading standards tell me i have the right to a refund if item does not match description... help!

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 10:27 Quote
oh no!! sorry to hear that dude
i'd suggest you post in this thread too, so the admins can check out the guys account/IP etc

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=17388

good luck

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 10:34 Quote
Give him up to seven days with warning of legal preceedings then go to small claims court. They will find in your favour and he will have to pay costs.

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 10:43 Quote
CHEERS GUYS I NEED AN ADDRESS TO TAKE HIM TO SMALL CLAIMS AND I DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE THIS...

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 10:48 Quote
I dont know the address but if you google it, its easy to find. You have to fill out some forms and what not

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 10:52 Quote
i NEED THE ADDRESS OF THE GUY SELLING THE ITEM, I KNOW HE LIVES IN CARLISLE https://www.pinkbike.com/u/steparker/ ANY HELP IDENTIFYING HIS ADDRESS WOULD BE HELPFUL

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 10:57 Quote
ebo4eva wrote:
just bought a set of fox 40's from the buy/sell section, these were described as mint condition, no marks on stanchions and so on.... not the case stanchions scratched to death and the lowers are cracked by both pinch bolts. the seller is not replying to me... paid £440 by paypal gift. what can be done. trading standards tell me i have the right to a refund if item does not match description... help!
If you paid through PayPal (being paid as a gift or business transaction), just file a Complaint with PayPal to have a "I have a problem with an item I purchased", This way a dispute case will be opened on your behalf. Make sure you have all the ad info and all communications between you and the seller available. If you paid by credit card or debit, you will have to open a dispute with your credit card company or financial institution as well. This will get the ball rolling, but do it immediately....Wink

Good luck man! Beer

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 11:00 Quote
ebo4eva wrote:
i NEED THE ADDRESS OF THE GUY SELLING THE ITEM, I KNOW HE LIVES IN CARLISLE https://www.pinkbike.com/u/steparker/ ANY HELP IDENTIFYING HIS ADDRESS WOULD BE HELPFUL

Why not use the address that came with the packaging (parcel post) that your 40 came in. PayPal could also identify whom it is, but even if not, it sounds as you may have enough info to get your monies back.

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 11:18 Quote
I can hand on heart say I have not anything on here that is not as described, how can people live with themselve knowing they have ripped someone off

Posted: Jan 31, 2013 at 11:40 Quote
ebo4eva wrote:
I can hand on heart say I have not anything on here that is not as described, how can people live with themselve knowing they have ripped someone off
Bro, it is the norm of this world by far. People like that do not have a conscious by no means. I have been lucky these things have not happened to me in the biking community, but I also am real good at reading others as well, so maybe this has helped me in the past to present. On top of that, I am in a business which unfortunately involves these same type of non-conscious people (BUMS!!!), so I guess I trained myself to read people in the long run. Wisjing you the best luck man! Wink

File the claim bro!

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 10:20 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=17388&pagenum=595#commentid4875286 if you think you have been scammed, post in here as a moderator will read your messages.

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 13:07 Quote
open up a dispute with paypal. they will do all the work and get your money back, they did it for me and i had my money back within three weeks. it will work no matter what way you paid.

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 13:11 Quote
dh1stan wrote:
open up a dispute with paypal. they will do all the work and get your money back, they did it for me and i had my money back within three weeks. it will work no matter what way you paid.

he paid with paypal gift and therefore very unlikely to get any money back via paypal as a gift is to send money to family and friends and not to pay for goods so paypal rules have been broken.
you cant dispute a gift as a gift is something which you give to someone and dont take back..

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 13:17 Quote
jr159 wrote:
dh1stan wrote:

he paid with paypal gift and therefore very unlikely to get any money back via paypal as a gift is to send money to family and friends and not to pay for goods so paypal rules have been broken.
you cant dispute a gift as a gift is something which you give to someone and dont take back..

sorry. didnt see that.

Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 14:27 Quote
i have filed a complaint but no joy, i will now take to small claims cheers for your help

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013068
Mobile Version of Website