Arizona trip any locals got tips?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Arizona trip any locals got tips?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 5, 2013 at 19:33 Quote
hey everyone, Im coming to arizona april 15th. going to check out the desert/ grand canyon.

buuuut being a mtbr like you all I was wondering about the riding there! I have heard there is alot of freeride near phoenix.

the only place Ive found for lift access riding is sunrise mtn. but all the youtube vids are kinda old.

I guess Im just wondering if there is any dirtjumps/ freeride stuff that isnt private, I know there is a tonne of XC but I dont own an xc bike.

am I better off just talking with bike shops in the area (cactus bikes ) just because I see they rent DH bikes, there must be good stuff to ride in the desert Smile

Posted: Feb 25, 2013 at 9:09 Quote
There are some great mtb trails all around the Phoenix valley area. I'm pretty new to the sport but have been getting some good exposure from some of the people I've found to ride with here. McDowell Mountain Regional park is about 45 min outside of town and has some great singletrack, but there are trails all over the place. I got connected with the people at AZ outback adventures, a great bike rental place that does tours/guided rides too. They know mtb really well and are great people. Could tell you lots more about the trails around etc. aoa-adventures.com/bikes/index.html

Posted: Feb 25, 2013 at 17:47 Quote
thanks for the helpful info !

Posted: Feb 27, 2013 at 8:18 Quote
I justspent 5 days inKingman Az and hadalot of fun riding just out town at Monolith gardens and Badger mtn trails. Mono was a nice loop easy pedal up with a 12 min decend..Very fun .And Badger mtn was also easy pedal up and and great decend more technical, fast and Icould do that all day. I have some video of both I will be posting when I get back home. Worth spending 1/2 of a day and you could do both trails there only 3-4 miles from each other.
GEO

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 6:58 Quote
I posted 2 videos, 1 of Monlith Gardens and 1 of Badger trail
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/300914/
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/300904/

Posted: Mar 2, 2013 at 13:20 Quote
thanks dude, appreciate all the vids as well Big Grin

Posted: Mar 4, 2013 at 0:03 Quote
At this time of the year you should be hitting Sedona. There is also a super nice technical single trail in Phoenix. Check out National trail in the south mountains park in phoenix.

Posted: Mar 4, 2013 at 16:53 Quote
meph wrote:
At this time of the year you should be hitting Sedona. There is also a super nice technical single trail in Phoenix. Check out National trail in the south mountains park in phoenix.
thanks Salute definetly gonna check out sedona!

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 17:16 Quote
go to south mountain
dh shuttles by gnar gnar tours
http://www.gnargnartours.com/

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 8:30 Quote
Mtbman55 wrote:
go to south mountain
dh shuttles by gnar gnar tours
http://www.gnargnartours.com/

awesome thanks Big Grin

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 14:17 Quote
Hit Sedona!. Stop at Bike and Bean and ask about the Highline trail!

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 19:27 Quote
DJGoo wrote:

alright, lol but can I just ask you about it?

Big Grin leaving in 2 weeks

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 14:03 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
DJGoo wrote:

alright, lol but can I just ask you about it?

Big Grin leaving in 2 weeks

You CAN but then you'd miss epic coffee, awesome people, and a chill beer garden.

If you hike up to Slim Shady Trail from Yavapi vista, go down the trail to the left for about a hundred feet and just near the slickrock pad the trails is marked with a map and a couple of black diamonds. Big Grin it's got good exposure, breathtaking views, and a gnarly descent down the back side.

Also be sure to check out some of the trails in Flagstaff! For both areas, if you have the time, stop at Babbit's in FLG and pick up the topo trail maps they have! That's your best bet.

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 14:13 Quote
If you'r just planning on going downhill, Sunset, Little Elden, and Inner Basin are some of the best choices. Be SURE to ask around about the Wasabi trail--park at the bottom of Elden Lookout Road and start hiking with your thumb out.

Posted: Apr 7, 2013 at 18:16 Quote
alright thanks alot Salute is there any freeride or dirtjump parks? Ive searched but found nothing.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019776
Mobile Version of Website