What rear hub should i get

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What rear hub should i get
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 12, 2013 at 11:50 Quote
what rear hub should i get and what do you guys ride

thanks

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 at 11:55 Quote
I ride profiles and love them! Havnt had any issues, prefer them to my old odesseys, wethepeople supremes are really good if you can find one as well

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 at 13:38 Quote
My favourite cassette of all time has to be the salt plus, and while a lot of people like profiles, don't jump on the bandwagon unless you have money to throw at them. I'm not saying all of them are bad, a lot of people refuse to run anything else, but mine were poo and they weren't that fast. If you want a fast hub, buy a hub and put some faster bearings in them. The speed of bearings is determined by rating, and there is absolutely nothing to stop you putting faster bearings in any other hub. It completely depends on what you want.
If I were to get new hubs, it'd be a federal v3 freecoaster and probably a bsd street on the front.

But Vandero hubs are very good quality to. If I was buying a new hub, I know a demolition bulumia v1/v2 would certainly be on my list, you can pick up a new one for like £30 and the bearings are faster than profiles from new, they have a ton of spare parts for them, they take much abuse, and weigh like 0. I know loads of people with them, and I used to have one myself until i stupidly swapped it out.

What would you like? And what is your budget for a start?

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 at 13:47 Quote
I like my G-Sport Ratchet

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 at 21:32 Quote
Profiles are good if you know how to work the kinks out because trust me you'll always most certainly get some problems with them if you don't know how to work em. I've been running profiles for years I've had a few problems, but was always able to fix them right up, if you aren't to great at that I'd say go with a Primo Mix, or Remix they hold up really well and I've never had problem's running that rear hub, it was great, but will all hubs they have to be maintained, profile's are just a little bit finicky. You also have Gsport Rachets they seem to be pretty sweet same as the new Odyssey Anitgram, just a smaller lighter version of the Rachet and just as strong.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 1:38 Quote
ive narrowed it down to
1.Demolition Rogue Cassette Hub
2.Odyssey hazard cassette V3
3.Odyssey Quartet Cassette Hub
4.Primo ReMix cassette
5.Profile mini cassette hub
which i would lace to Primo 7005 balance rim.

and the front wheel would be either
1.Bicycle Union Fiend Front Hub
2.Bicycle Union Fiend Front Hub
which i would lace to a Odyssey Quadrant rim .

what do you guys think

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 2:02 Quote
ginger24 wrote:
ive narrowed it down to
1.Demolition Rogue Cassette Hub
2.Odyssey hazard cassette V3
3.Odyssey Quartet Cassette Hub
4.Primo ReMix cassette
5.Profile mini cassette hub
which i would lace to Primo 7005 balance rim.

and the front wheel would be either
1.Bicycle Union Fiend Front Hub
2.Bicycle Union Fiend Front Hub
which i would lace to a Odyssey Quadrant rim .

what do you guys think

Out of them, I know the remix is a good hub and the quartet. Wouldn't recommend the odyssey v3 though, it's way too basic to cost what it does. Get a ratchet, not the quartet.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 4:45 Quote
Two of my friends ran remix's for about 5 months pegless, endless problems, the engagment ring snapped into 4 pieces, pawls snapped, driver got wobble, odessey v3's can be picked up for £50ish and mine had 3 owners (4 peggers) all who rode really really hard and never had an issue, my profiles on its second owner has been run with pegs and is again perfect, primo rims are not goood though, you caan pull the spokes through really easy, odessey hazard lites are awsome

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 11:55 Quote
Tree straight pull hubs with odyssey 7KA rims.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 11:57 Quote
spyke wrote:

Great rims/hubs, heard the tree hubs get a wobble if you are extremely unlucky, but i wouldnt hesitate to buy them if they weren't so damn expensive! Just get what you can afford, unless you have no limit.

Then id go for maybe bsd hubs if you want matching, never heard anyone fault them.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 18:00 Quote
I have had profile hubs for ever and love them. Front and back mini 3/8ths never had a problem. I run pegs and grind a lot too. They have held up great. I do take care of them though re-grease and clean from time to time. They arnt hubs you should get if you don't know your way around a bike mechanically.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 18:38 Quote
luke2214 wrote:
spyke wrote:

Great rims/hubs, heard the tree hubs get a wobble if you are extremely unlucky, but i wouldnt hesitate to buy them if they weren't so damn expensive! Just get what you can afford, unless you have no limit.

Then id go for maybe bsd hubs if you want matching, never heard anyone fault them.

Had tree hubs for 6 months and swear by them, best hubs iv ever ridden by far, highly recommended.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 18:52 Quote
luke2214 wrote:
spyke wrote:

The issue with the hub wobble has been fixed a while ago,the new batches don't have this problem.

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 9:35 Quote
its now between the demolition rogue and profile mini, which is better

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 9:42 Quote
ginger24 wrote:
its now between the demolition rogue and profile mini, which is better

Never heard anything bad about the rogue, never heard anyone even slate any demolition parts, I ride more demo parts than any other brand on my bike, just seem to take a lot of abuse. The anorexia was a good hub, and I imagine this will be a lot better, I'd say go for the demolition rogue hub!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012526
Mobile Version of Website