Crappiest Department Store Bike Thread

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Crappiest Department Store Bike Thread
O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 9:34 Quote
I remember those bikes.... who would have thought at the time that fluorescent color would come back into style!

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 10:34 Quote
onesadvw wrote:
Im so old, NEXT, wasnt even around! My first pile o' s**t was a Huffy Whiteheat. Here is an example of this abomination to the cycling world.

photo

Oh god. I actually had a 1991 Huffy Stone Mountain.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.huffy.com/images/timeline/era-1977-1999/img-1991.jpg
I rode the hell out of it, and it wouldn't die. It wasn't until I was backed over by a van that the frame was bent and I refused to ride it. Years later, it was resurrected by my uncle (Owns a bike shop) and given to my younger brother to ride. I think it's actually still in a garage somewhere.

You can't tell from the picture, but it's grey with green highlights and of course ... splatter paint.

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 10:45 Quote
Check out that raked out headtube angle! Huffy was such a trend setter.

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 at 12:06 Quote
My first mtb bike was a next full sus. Rode it into the ground. My mom would always be like stop jumping it. That's not what it's ment for if you want to jump ill get you a bmx. Oh moms and how they don't know things!!!

Posted: Mar 2, 2013 at 9:54 Quote
tylerthegiant wrote:
My first mtb bike was a next full sus. Rode it into the ground. My mom would always be like stop jumping it. That's not what it's ment for if you want to jump ill get you a bmx. Oh moms and how they don't know things!!!

My mom screamed at me, and decided to get me a real bike after I was doing 2ft jumps on my NEXT and the derailleur went into the spokes, the rim bent. I was in 4th grade at the time, and I figured out how to loosen my rear coil all the way, so my suspension would bottom out

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 at 5:57 Quote
My first am was a doctor shock from sears. Grip shifters ,mud flaps ,cage,fork shock,&the 1990's splatterpaint. Loved that bike so much it was the badest bike i had ever seen untill i saw a dimond back stunt bike booooooo

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 6:48 Quote
1983 bmx supercat
  1983 bmx supercat
I had a super cycle bmx from good ol Canadian tire. Then my parents sent me to this week long camp where u stay there all week and they had a full track with a bunch of nice bmx with some haros that had over sized wheels and frames musta been the first generation of dj bikes in the 80's I am assuming. Nobody wanted to ride them we all fought over the smaller frames lol and no pads no helmets.....

Here she is 1983 super Cat Those yellow spokes where the sh$t lol

Posted: Dec 10, 2013 at 14:29 Quote
Hahaha, this thread is so good, I just have to bring it back to life! (Luckily) I never had to own one of these crappy bikes, but I have some friends who would probably say:"What's wrong about it?". Can you guess how much travel you get from such bike's fork? FULL 1/2 OF AN INCH! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! The rumor has it that they'll start using these bikes for DH World Cup next yearlol

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 at 7:59 Quote
I worked Toys’R’Us for a period in my youth in the warehouse/stockroom. Because I knew which end of a wrench to use, I was given the role of ordering replacement parts for large item returns (battery cars, bikes, playground equipment).

We got an order of “mountain bikes” in—I am using air quotes with my fingers as I type that. 12 speed, 24” wheels, so not quite adult bikes, but for older kids. Typical department store quality, these ones happened to have the Jeep logo. I built a bike to put on the sales floor and realized that they got the frame geometry horribly wrong. The toptube+downtube were way too short, front tire was hitting the cranks and rubbing on the down tube. Could not steer the bike and pedal at the same time. So I pulled all the boxes, contacted the other Toys’R’Us in the area to let them know about the problem and contacted the distributor.

Instead of sending new frames or recalling the shipment, the manufacturer ended up sending forks that were super raked out in a pronounced “J” shape. With these forks the bikes didn’t really turn, they pivoted around a corner. When I pointed this out, management over-rode my concern and the bikes were put on the floor to be sold that way.

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 at 8:06 Quote
Yay. Walmart before Thanksgiving!
Walmart.......
Ugly bike
And somehow this P.O.S always comes back to my place of work. I work at an aquatic center, and I see some of the most ugly, evil looking bikes ever.......

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 at 8:23 Quote
TNFking wrote:
I work at an aquatic center, and I see some of the most ugly, evil looking bikes ever.......

That is called theft deterant. No need to buy expensive an expensive Kryponite lock when the thieves out there would rather nick a bike dipped in cholera then yours.

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 at 9:23 Quote
Fake kash lol
. Fake kash anyone?

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2013 at 10:20 Quote
aww man, I should take more pictures. The builds on department store bikes are so shoddy. I've seen bikes with forks on backwards, and handlebars rotated so they're almost upside down

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 at 12:46 Quote
Haha, fake kashima! 2014 FORX 28 RC2 (Ridiculous Crap x 2), with exclusive Kashina coatlol

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023209
Mobile Version of Website