Would my 2005 Specialized P.2 be ANY good for trails

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Would my 2005 Specialized P.2 be ANY good for trails
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
P2urban wrote:
okay, what kind of fork then, with 150 mm of travel?

Leave whats on it and RIDE IT. See if you think its fine for trails or not. Putting a little more travel on it isnt going to make it a magic bike. BUT if youre set on getting a different fork, I think the Z150 and maybe Z1 FR had 150mm travel versions, and were great forks.

Ding Ding Ding! A used Z150FR wouldn't be bad if you want more travel. They go pretty cheap used too.

thats 1 person

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
I don't know enough about the new forks to really help, only that I hated the feel of the 55. its just as tall as the 66, etc. don't listen to that guy.
You should be just fine riding those trails, if you are a smooth rider. You'll want to make sure your pedals are SUPER grippy. Otherwise, your feet are never going to be on them. Also, good shin pads will probably be a necessity.
Get a front brake.
have fun!

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
you should definitly get some decent brakes before even getting a fork though and i would suggest getting the avid code brakes they are pretty awesome but do what you like

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
you should definitly get some decent brakes before even getting a fork though and i would suggest getting the avid code brakes they are pretty awesome but do what you like

brakes are taken care of.. well soon, just the fork for now. okay, what year of Z150FR?

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
what brakes are you getting

the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
what brakes are you getting

hayes 9's or something else thats cheap

any of the years it was produced. Its a great fork, I was going to get one, just be PATIENT, cus you might not find one right away. They do come up rather frequently though, so dont lose hope.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
any of the years it was produced. Its a great fork, I was going to get one, just be PATIENT, cus you might not find one right away. They do come up rather frequently though, so dont lose hope.
i wont be getting it till march anyways, so im good

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
then start looking for what good ones run price-wise, and snag one when you find a good deal when you have money.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
i wouldnt mind one like this:

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
photo

there you go.

thats the 10th anniversary z1fr. good luck for getting one, theyre tough to get.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
photo

thanks

okay, so, for your opinion, PM me....

A.) Drop off 1
B.) Z1 (any year^^^)

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
personally I would go with the Z1 just because the dropoff 1 feels like a cheaper fork I rode one and it just didnt feel as good I would go with the Z1 its a nice everything fork.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 8:53 Quote
pickle123 wrote:
personally I would go with the Z1 just because the dropoff 1 feels like a cheaper fork I rode one and it just didnt feel as good I would go with the Z1 its a nice everything fork.

anymore for the Z.1?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020119
Mobile Version of Website