Moving to banff, need some information.

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moving to banff, need some information.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 12, 2013 at 10:34 Quote
so i live in saskatchewan, me and my friend are planning to move to banff in september for the winter, and coming back to sask at the end of april. were moving to specifically spend the winter skiing on the mountains, and biking on the mountains if its available. now i have some questions im having difficulties finding information on.

ill be in banff from this september till next april.

do any of the ski resort near banff have mountain biking during the summer? and if so, when does it open up?

whats the biking community like in banff?

ive built and repaired bikes professionally for 3 years as well as ran a bike repair gig out of my house for 2. id like to try and do that while im in banff as my only source of income (money isnt a problem, so being able to do this is more of just offsetting some costs) so wondering how big bike repairs are during september-april.

whats it like finding a job?

whhat ski hills near banff would you suggest getting a season pass to?

ill add anything else i can think of. thanks

FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2013 at 15:57 Quote
No resorts in the park have biking, and in my opinion the skiing isn't the best either. There are a few trails around banff, with more in the Canmore and Kananaskis areas for sure. I think you would have a much better season at Fernie, both biking and skiing, or Golden. But even at both of these places I think you're looking at next to zero demand for bike repairs over the winter. Even in Calgary, population of 1million, there's not a lot going on bike-wise over the winter.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007786
Mobile Version of Website