Powered by Outside

New here and wondering after reading treads just how safe is buying a bike on here?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
New here and wondering after reading treads just how safe is buying a bike on here?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2013 at 14:08 Quote
I have never bought a bike without looking at it first, However I was introduced to this site and love it. But wonder if it is safe and secure way to buy a bike?

Posted: Apr 22, 2013 at 9:01 Quote
Hey bud, I've bought 2 frames off here. I haven't had problems. I've bought plenty of parts too, and only one issue with a fork not being as it was claimed to be. It is definitely buyer beware. Do your research, ask all the questions you can, and want, and get a feeling for the seller. I realize it can be tough to do over e-mail, but if anything sets off your alarm, or makes you feel dodgy, avoid it. There are hundreds of pages on the scams that have happened, unfortunately, there are a small percentage of scammers here. Psyclist, the mod, is amazing at dealing with these people, and is always available to talk to. If you do buy, use paypal goods, then if there is an issue, you have some recouse to deal with the situation. NEVER use paypal gitft. Pay the extra fees yourself, if it helps the buyer, I always do, and protect yourself!!! Good luck!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009005
Mobile Version of Website