Dorado Owner i have questions!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Dorado Owner i have questions!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 9:20 Quote
Hello guys i just bought a new dorado for the next season and i never used a air fork on a dh bike before, i noticed i cannot put more than 110psi in it well they recommand max 90 psi and says to do not exceed 110psi i have set it to 100psi, i weight 205lbs fully stocked, what should i do if i feel the fork too soft ? have not tried it yet on the trail but i was wondering...

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 12:41 Quote
how much sag are you running at 100psi? looking at Manitou's setup guide, you should be in the 80-90psi range.

if the fork dives too much, the high speed compression can be dialed up to help the fork from mid-stroke wallowing. if you're bottoming out regularly, the TPC+ can be dialed up. I've found that each click makes a noticeable difference, so don't go overboard when dialing the fork in.

setup guide:
http://www.manitoumtb.com/assets/Owners%20Manuals/2010%20Dorado%20Pro%20Set-up%20Service.pdf

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 13:08 Quote
i did set up my fork with this guide, since i like it firm i tried 90 psi at first but felt it way too soft so pushed it to 100psi, and of course my adjustement are done for my riding style refering to this guide. My sag is at like 30 for now thats mainly why i ask. Need the bike park to open to properly test it though.

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 14:12 Quote
yup, you'll have to wait until the hills open up to dial it in. 30% sag is golden. the high-speed comp and TPC both have a fair amount of adjustment range from what I've noticed. you should be able to get it to where you want it without going over 100psi.

Posted: Apr 25, 2013 at 15:22 Quote
i like it firm so i might just keep it at 100 or bring it down to like 95

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039521
Mobile Version of Website