08 66 RCV help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
08 66 RCV help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 27, 2013 at 23:46 Quote
Upon disassembly of the fork you can see a spring loaded valve protruding from one of the lower orifices on the compression side of the fork. plastic plunger floating around inside the lower innards as well.

Does anyone know how to order replacement, and what it is called as well as how to get it ?

Opened it up to shorten the travel a bit and damage was apparent when I got the lowers off.

I would like to replace the whole inner assembly as a unit if possible but do not know what to ask for and how to get it,

I did look at Marz website.

Thanks.

Need to ride , no more wrench....

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 15:17 Quote
Thanks, VERY tempting....... $427 plush S/H is a bit more than I was looking to spend on this bike at this time.

Figured out the problem is that the compression damper is broken. The shaft of the threaded adjuster that attaches to the plunger that is inside the damper is snapped and the piston or plunger is just floating around in there. Without knowing a machinist and having mad assembly skills, the best way to fix it is replace the damper. Looks like the original is pre assembled and press fit together and not easily serviceable.

Looked for hours on the web and was unable to find any replacement. Going to have to call Marzocchi in the morning and see if they can help out.

If this was my "big" bike I would gladly upgrade to the Avy . Might have to if that is all I can get.

Thanks for the info and reply.

Posted: Apr 29, 2013 at 8:47 Quote
I get that mate, i'd love the avalanche mod but I have other forks to look after!
yep try Marzocchi, or maybe find a cheap ebay 66 to steal bits from.... I've seen them go pretty damn cheap.

definitely worth keeping though, good luck

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009343
Mobile Version of Website