Voltage needs a new shock!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Voltage needs a new shock!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 18:33 Quote
I've got a mostly stock 2012 FR30 (Zee brakes, DT Swiss 440 wheelset, and Zee drivetrain on the way). I basically have no clue about suspension, and I'm wondering what a good shock would be for me. I ride mostly freeride and light downhill trails, but I'm going to start racing some enduro this summer. I'm happy with the 150/170mm travel, and I don't care if it's coil or air, but it needs to be relatively light and cheap. I was looking at used DHX airs for about $300. Any advice would be awesome on whether this or something else would be good for me. Also, where does one aquire replacement dropouts if their lbs doesn't carry Scott? Thanks in advance!

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 13:58 Quote
The Fox DHX 5.0 Air is definitely worth the consideration. I am actually using one on my 2011 FR30 and have been both impressed and enjoy it so far. I have not been able to test it on any rock gardens to be able to experience what other users say about it in terms of the ride changing throughout use as the oil heats up with continued use on the longer trail rides but besides that I have been happy with my purchase and love both how it feels and the weight it saves you. Once I took off the stock shock and felt the two both in my hands I was surprised by the difference. I bought my DHX for about the same price as what you are looking at and I would say it was worth it in my opinion but if you go that definitely take the time to get the pressures set to your liking and that makes all the difference. Good luck!

Posted: May 3, 2013 at 22:57 Quote
If I were you I'd be looking at the DHX air shocks if you're looking for light and cheap and for enduro and freeride stuff.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010029
Mobile Version of Website