Crossmax sx 2013 bearings

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Crossmax sx 2013 bearings
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 13, 2013 at 14:25 Quote
I've had my new wheels for 8 weeks max! I felt some play in the rear and thought it was my rear triangle but took the bike to the shop only to find out that the rear hubs bearings had loads of play in them. Just wondering if anyone else have this problem

Posted: May 13, 2013 at 14:56 Quote
bigplums wrote:
I've had my new wheels for 8 weeks max! I felt some play in the rear and thought it was my rear triangle but took the bike to the shop only to find out that the rear hubs bearings had loads of play in them. Just wondering if anyone else have this problem
yes I have those wheels myself and mine was loose I thought the same as us. It's not the bearing its the black part on the roter side that comes loose use the plastic tool to do it up that works for me. But I have noticed this keeps coming loose so I do it up again but if you do it up to much it slows the spinning down . I think this is a fault and I'm not best pleased with it . Thow your case could be dif from mine if your bearings have play then keep an eye on what I've said. Allso let me know how you get on and how they fixed this. Cheers

Posted: May 13, 2013 at 15:28 Quote
Hay it's this black part that comes loose. Use the plastic tool that comes with the wheelset if you brought them new .hope that helps you .
photo

O+
Posted: May 13, 2013 at 16:15 Quote
superbikes wrote:
Hay it's this black part that comes loose. Use the plastic tool that comes with the wheelset if you brought them new .hope that helps you .
photo

Crap staff all the same that wheels 99% fault

Posted: May 15, 2013 at 8:30 Quote
Sorted ive used 1 drop of lock tight meadum streath and it don't come loose now job done

Posted: May 15, 2013 at 8:58 Quote
Basically my lbs have said the bearings are shot

Posted: May 15, 2013 at 9:20 Quote
bigplums wrote:
Basically my lbs have said the bearings are shot
after 8 weeks that's not good at all chap

Posted: May 15, 2013 at 11:09 Quote
Tell me about it, I'm going to send them back to mavic. Iv bn told that mavic don't grease or oil their bearings before sending them out

Posted: May 15, 2013 at 12:01 Quote
bigplums wrote:
Tell me about it, I'm going to send them back to mavic. Iv bn told that mavic don't grease or oil their bearings before sending them out
yes that's true when I first got mine the free hub was creeking like crazy could not beleave when I took it apart no lube no nothing . Wheels cost a arm and leg . Don't blame you one bit . Double checking mine now

Posted: May 15, 2013 at 12:24 Quote
My mate is the macanic for the welsh cycling team and GE told me all the track wheels from mavic had to get oiled

Posted: May 15, 2013 at 12:26 Quote
bigplums wrote:
My mate is the macanic for the welsh cycling team and GE told me all the track wheels from mavic had to get oiled
cheers got my wheel open now it's as dry as a nuns beeeeeep .

Posted: May 15, 2013 at 13:13 Quote
superbikes wrote:
bigplums wrote:
cheers got my wheel open now it's as dry as a nuns beeeeeep .

Good job I posted

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011709
Mobile Version of Website