What's the worst offer you've ever had when selling something? (No mentioning usernames)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
What's the worst offer you've ever had when selling something? (No mentioning usernames)
Posted: May 20, 2013 at 13:30 Quote
I listed a Transistion Gran Mal frame(mint), Marz 66, X7 shifters, bars, Race Face Diablous cranks, some dark cycles arachnid pedals and a transition stem for like 700. Guy offered 450 and wanted me to pay shipping and payal fees. Gave a nice no thanks.

I place firm and put pretty bold statements in all my buy/sell to deter that kind of offer.

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 13:52 Quote
My Commencal Furious build. Wasn't great and was pretty haggered but still worth over £1000. A guy said trade for a quad with a broken frame and haggered engine and cash his wayand left a number to call him on. It was one of those shitty chineese 50cc mini quads.

You can guess what happened!

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 14:08 Quote
Probably my best one. Some kid wants to trade his Saracen...

photo

... for my Banshee Rampant frame, RS Revelation, Hope/EX721 wheelset, Atlas cranks, Crossmark tyres, Holzfeller stem/Sunline bars, Crank Bros headset ans seat post.

I laughed in his face.

I love it as well when you get people who give you bad offers, you then politely say no and they get mad and write abuse at you.

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 14:11 Quote
Such a good deal dude, I'd go for it...

O+
Posted: May 20, 2013 at 14:19 Quote
moleman wrote:
Probably my best one. Some kid wants to trade his Saracen...

photo

... for my Banshee Rampant frame, RS Revelation, Hope/EX721 wheelset, Atlas cranks, Crossmark tyres, Holzfeller stem/Sunline bars, Crank Bros headset ans seat post.

I laughed in his face.

I love it as well when you get people who give you bad offers, you then politely say no and they get mad and write abuse at you.
Seems like a good deal for you! Rolleyes
photo

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 14:53 Quote
Definitely a good deal, seriously regretting it now.

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 15:10 Quote
I got offerd a 'sick dirtbike' for my dobermann. It wasnt even for sale.lol told him to politely f*ck off.

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 15:30 Quote
Ah man, that's another annoying thing. When someone ask you to sell them X even though it's not for sale.

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 15:30 Quote
I got offered 'anything in my buy/sell' and the best thing was a 160mm disk rotor .... as a swap for my old Kona Stab frame and shock

so I just let him have it for free and he still hasn't picked it up (3 years later), weird

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 15:50 Quote
"trade you my ps2 plus games or I pay half price"

My response wasn't very nice.

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 15:53 Quote
For my suburban i got offered this... "wanna trade for ps3 80 gig two controlers games included cords ,pandigital tablet, kodak easy share camera and shuttle x mini pc desktop monitor keyboard mouse exteneded fan in back of computer and DVD burner in front" And I add cash...

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 17:04 Quote
For my old Ragley I got offered $200, paid off over 10 weeks.

Bike in question:
The Ragley. Now sold

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 17:07 Quote
I once got offered $250 for my amp Cry
airless fork

Posted: May 20, 2013 at 17:09 Quote
Interesting tyre selection you've got going on there

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019364
Mobile Version of Website