Dirt jumping oxfordshire...

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt jumping oxfordshire...
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 7:17 Quote
Post pics of these when you get there?

I want to see how much they've changed since the beginning!

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 6:11 Quote
Anything happened with these?? I'd be interested in helping out!

FL
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 7:21 Quote
Also interested in helping out! Just moved to the area and looking for some new trails

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 2:58 Quote
Went down this morning. Very overgrown but a few jumps are still there. Will head over soon with some tools to start work. Anybody else interested?

FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 0:21 Quote
Yer I went down yesterday after work. Looks alright. Me and a mate are keen to start soon

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 23:36 Quote
Hey guys,

great to see so much interest coming up for these. I went down again a few days ago but was all pretty much overgrown with nettles and weeds.

I've hacked back towards the start of the run and cleared out the first little jump to open up the start of the run, if any others visiting can spend 10 or 15 minutes clearing back before riding it should be a nice clear run in no time.

I'd like to fill in the gap jumps and turn it into a beginner friendly skills building area but don't want to upset anyone - I'd never remove any jumps, just add an intermediate level line, clear the foliage and fill in gaps (maybe build a little north shore later with the football clubs permission... I'll leave that till a later date when I've established "diplomatic" relationships with them.

If we all spend 10-15 minutes clearing when we get there on each visit this'll be back up to scratch in no time - I just used an old branch to whip back the nettles, cleared an entire jump out doing that alone.

Please post here your thoughts about making it more beginner friendly - as I said I don't want to insult anyone, but as it's currently un-used I'd rather get it to a state where locals kids can build skills on it (and we can all ride and enjoy)

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 3:28 Quote
I will be moving to Didcot soon and will have access to a car so I may be interested (sorry I cant help with the clearing now). I am looking to get more into dirt jumping so a beginner/intermediate line would definitely be interesting for me.

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 12:27 Quote
Hi guys. I work down in Didcot quite regular and am currently down here this week. Are these jumps rideable or not? I love trying out new places all over the country when I'm away with work.

Cheers

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 11:54 Quote
nannoo wrote:
Hey guys, just moved to wantage, just built my dirt bike. I'll be clearing these jumps out pronto, plan to be there with garden tools all day Sunday, pm me to confirm if you want to join, I'll update this with photos as I get to work
I might be going down with a couple friends this winter to try and fix them a bit more when the rain comes. I have a feeling there are a few more jumps that are currently unnaccesable as it's overgrown but it doesn't seem like too much work.

Posted: Nov 23, 2018 at 11:49 Quote
nannoo wrote:
Hey guys, just moved to wantage, just built my dirt bike. I'll be clearing these jumps out pronto, plan to be there with garden tools all day Sunday, pm me to confirm if you want to join, I'll update this with photos as I get to work

Did you ever get down there, just saw this thread and I’ve been looking for something in the area for a while, i’d be keen to come and help clear it up if you still need a hand?

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
Hey Guys,
Just to say i am a trail builder in the Buckinghamshire area and we have a few spots we have worked at.
These include: Trails on Winter Hill Road, Rob Warners old dirt jumps in Russells water, My private trails (soon to have slopestyle jumps) and a freeride and dirt jump park in Hare Hatch. If you are near Seer Green Josh has been working away on the trails in Hodgemoor Woods.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 3:04 Quote
have you checked out 417 bike park? it's cheltenham way but not too bad distance wise. they have an indoor jump barn, indoor pump track thing and i believe some outdoor stuff too. looks quite fun

Posted: Dec 28, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
How are these doing? Any body got down there? Just moved back to the area, and looking to be here a while, any body been working on them on here?

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 4:59 Quote
Does anyone still use the Wantage dirt jumps? Or would anyone be interested in getting them rideable again?

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 5:06 Quote
Aidanhinks17 wrote:
Does anyone still use the Wantage dirt jumps? Or would anyone be interested in getting them rideable again?
. Yes Yes that’s right

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019928
Mobile Version of Website