Csaszi78 wrote:
photo

photo

G4 cranks? CHECK !
custom decals? CHECK!
stealth Rims? CHECK!
cable bodge? CHECK!
nice backgound? CHECK!

what could you ask for more? maybe your name on it? just like all the factory racer did? that would be nice.. Smile
weight with pedal sir? i would like to know.

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 8:12 Quote
Danpyo wrote:
Csaszi78 wrote:
photo

photo

G4 cranks? CHECK !
custom decals? CHECK!
stealth Rims? CHECK!
cable bodge? CHECK!
nice backgound? CHECK!

what could you ask for more? maybe your name on it? just like all the factory racer did? that would be nice.. Smile

Hahaha......Look above the linkage Sir, my name is there Smile Smile Smile

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 10:56 Quote
Hello, anybody using strive cf medium race with the height of 173cm? And which stem and bar length you are using?

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 11:22 Quote
Csaszi78 wrote:
So Gents,
Here is the final version Smile .
Since I built a park bike, I don't need to compromise anymore. You know number of bikes in the family is always N+1. Was thinking of selling it and get a spectral but then I have converted it to a long legged trail, adventure, long ride moocher. Local trail centres are smooth, flowy with loads of jumps.
Running it in XC mode, even removed SS actuator, put some bands in the shock and running 30% sag. Cut the bar to 760 from 800 and lowered it a tad.
Absolutely blast to ride, gives me smile every time I jump on it.
Can do 50+km XC ride on it with no problem.

If some of you thinking of getting one of these, I can just recommend. I love mine.

photo

photo

What width are those rims and tires? I'm looking forward some 35mm with maybe schwalbe Magic Mary.
Thanks Wink

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 12:34 Quote
Any one got any idea on how to remove the bearings from the back of the chainstay?
I do not have a bearing removal tool but I am capable to use a socket set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 12:44 Quote
gabrielkarny397 wrote:
Csaszi78 wrote:
So Gents,
Here is the final version Smile .
Since I built a park bike, I don't need to compromise anymore. You know number of bikes in the family is always N+1. Was thinking of selling it and get a spectral but then I have converted it to a long legged trail, adventure, long ride moocher. Local trail centres are smooth, flowy with loads of jumps.
Running it in XC mode, even removed SS actuator, put some bands in the shock and running 30% sag. Cut the bar to 760 from 800 and lowered it a tad.
Absolutely blast to ride, gives me smile every time I jump on it.
Can do 50+km XC ride on it with no problem.

If some of you thinking of getting one of these, I can just recommend. I love mine.

What width are those rims and tires? I'm looking forward some 35mm with maybe schwalbe Magic Mary.
Thanks Wink

Hi Gabriel,
Rims are LB 35s, 30mm inner width, tires are 2.3.
Plenty enough what I am using for.
Love Magic Marys, grip monsters, but not a real friend for pedalling Smile

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 13:13 Quote
LoganRory-314 wrote:
Any one got any idea on how to remove the bearings from the back of the chainstay?

More importantly how do you remove item number 17 shown on exploded drawings?

https://www.canyon.com/downloads/supportcenter/Strive_AL_15_BOM.pdf

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 13:23 Quote
LoganRory-314 wrote:
LoganRory-314 wrote:

Hammer and a drift for both of them. On the chain stay, you have to knock one out then there is a notch to help you get the other side out.

On the frame, the spacer tube between the bearings has a cut out that you can get the drift in to bash it out.

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 13:44 Quote
Took the strive to Hamsterely descent downhill today
Woah did it take it all in its stride and more, massive drops, rock gardens didn't miss a beat
Didn't feel out of place with the big 200mm crew what an absolute beast of a bike

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 13:53 Quote
jakebeach1996 wrote:
LoganRory-314 wrote:
LoganRory-314 wrote:

Hammer and a drift for both of them. On the chain stay, you have to knock one out then there is a notch to help you get the other side out.

On the frame, the spacer tube between the bearings has a cut out that you can get the drift in to bash it out.

What is a drift? Sorry to be such a rookie. Redface

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 14:05 Quote
LoganRory-314 wrote:
jakebeach1996 wrote:
LoganRory-314 wrote:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/parallel-pin-punches-5-piece-set/16551

Some of these. There may or may not be a better way, but you can't get a puller in behind as the sleeve basically stops the inners of the bearings collapsing in.

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 15:08 Quote
jakebeach1996 wrote:
LoganRory-314 wrote:
jakebeach1996 wrote:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/parallel-pin-punches-5-piece-set/16551

Some of these. There may or may not be a better way, but you can't get a puller in behind as the sleeve basically stops the inners of the bearings collapsing in.

Thanks Jake, got the two frame ones out but still struggling with the chainstay ones. Which one should I try get out first. the ones closest to the wheel or the outside ones.

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 18:53 Quote
spoonmarvs wrote:
Hello, anybody using strive cf medium race with the height of 173cm? And which stem and bar length you are using?

I'm 172cm tall and running strive cf 8.0 m size and fits perfectly, for your frame size i suggest to use 35mm stem (not much different tho from 40mm to 35mm), is there any shortest than 35? im not sure. and you can try 760mm handlebar length instead of 780mm

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 18:58 Quote
Csaszi78 wrote:
Danpyo wrote:
Csaszi78 wrote:

G4 cranks? CHECK !
custom decals? CHECK!
stealth Rims? CHECK!
cable bodge? CHECK!
nice backgound? CHECK!

Hahaha......Look above the linkage Sir, my name is there Smile Smile Smile

now you are ready for race Smile , as always nice looking and clean bike - way too clean i mean

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 19:01 Quote
Tyjay wrote:
Took the strive to Hamsterely descent downhill today
Woah did it take it all in its stride and more, massive drops, rock gardens didn't miss a beat
Didn't feel out of place with the big 200mm crew what an absolute beast of a bike

that's strive name came from Cool

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015397
Mobile Version of Website