Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 4:17 Quote
Hey yesterday I was trying to fix my rear derailleur ( I managed to bend it with in a month ✌) and I found a cool new way to do so with out tools ! Check out my vid https://youtu.be/9yHWMJdICWE

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 4:28 Quote
nicoSB wrote:
My trip to whistler is finally coming, so after days prepping the bike, here a few pictures of the result

photo

The main differences between this and my everyday setup are mostly the 2-ply tires, flat pedals and 1cm of spacers under the stem. Also I installed new parts like dropper+saddle+tires+chain and did a full bearings/brake pads/suspensions job

The bike feels like new again and can't wait to put the bike on the chairlift!
how much travel do you have up front at this ripper ? Easily the best looking spectral I have ever seen...

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 9:42 Quote
kleomenis wrote:
nicoSB wrote:
My trip to whistler is finally coming, so after days prepping the bike, here a few pictures of the result

photo

The main differences between this and my everyday setup are mostly the 2-ply tires, flat pedals and 1cm of spacers under the stem. Also I installed new parts like dropper+saddle+tires+chain and did a full bearings/brake pads/suspensions job

The bike feels like new again and can't wait to put the bike on the chairlift!
how much travel do you have up front at this ripper ? Easily the best looking spectral I have ever seen...

160mm, nice and long! Plus offset bushing to slacken the bike a bit more

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 12:56 Quote
Hi people, just received my Spectral Al ex6 and noticed a welding problem, should I be worried ?
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 13:14 Quote
mariusbv wrote:
Hi people, just received my Spectral Al ex6 and noticed a welding problem, should I be worried ?
photo
photo
photo

One small spot of porosity... Nope, nothing to be concerned about. If the entire bead was full of porosity then maybe as you might question the integrity of the weld ie has fusion of the base metal and the weld occurred. There are plenty of buildings, cars, trucks, truck trailers, rubbish trucks, bridges, etc in the world with welds more porous than that and still 100% safe.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2017 at 8:02 Quote
Send it back to Canyon mate. That frame is done.

Posted: Jul 29, 2017 at 8:17 Quote
mariusbv wrote:
photo
photo
photo
I have the same dot at the exact same spot...xd

Posted: Jul 29, 2017 at 8:32 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
Send it back to Canyon mate. That frame is done.

There's no issue with it. If it was bigger or all the way through then I'd be concerned. But that is not going to cause a problem.

Is it just the carbon frames canyon CT scan? if its aluminium as well I'm sure thats something tat would have been picked up on if it was going to cause an issue?

Posted: Jul 29, 2017 at 13:26 Quote
I ve just found another welding flaw just near the BB ... and this looks like a small crack Frown

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2017 at 22:17 Quote
mariusbv wrote:
I ve just found another welding flaw just near the BB ... and this looks like a small crack Frown

Post a photo, bud.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 7:03 Quote
you gotta be kiding me

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 7:59 Quote
Looks like welds catching the light to me

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 8:08 Quote
the photo is really bad u can t see the crack

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027424
Mobile Version of Website