Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 4:08 Quote
Hi, I'm looking for some technical info on replacement headsets for the 2019 spectral please.
It currently has an acros headset and the bearings are pretty rough. Their website is not at all mobile friendly and I'm struggling to see what the type and size are used.
I want to swap out for a hope headset and Im struggling to figure out which upper and lower I need.

I think the Hope upper replacements might be

Zs44/28.6 type 2

Not sure about lower is it

Is52/40 type J

Or

Zs56/40 type E

Any help would be appreciated!

Pete

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
Hi

I'm trying to replace the headset bearings in my sons Stitched (jump bike) but neither the new or the old bearings will go back in the frame - the top bearing fits into a cup which has been removed from the bike but the bottom one fits directly into the frame and they are both impossibly tight

The old bearings were incredibly hard to get out ,we were expecting this to be just a 'push fit' like other headset bearings we've worked on but these are incredibly tight. The new and old bearings are identical in size when measured with vernier calipers so I don't think the bearing themselves are faulty

Does anyone have experience of working with bearings this tight and any suggestions as to what we should do ?

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 4:45 Quote
Canyon have replied to my query about headset replacement for the spectral, and have said that it takes a zs44 / zs56. However, some people on the canyon Facebook page have mentioned that the carbon and alloy models take different headset lower cup sizes, so I've queried this and am waiting for a reply.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 0:29 Quote
maxsmith755 wrote:
Anyone run a Fox DHX2 shock on a 19 model strive?? Looking at one with 65mm stroke
Hi MaxSmith, I saw a picture before of someone with a fox shock with 65mm. There was a bit of ckearance.
I’ve removed the stroke limiter on my RockShox SuperDeluxe (it gives possibly 64-65mm) and the clearance with the seat tube is minimal, just about 2mm, plus it compresses a bit more because of the internal rubber ring.
I think it’s tight but it works.
I’m running 3.5 tokens so don’t bottom out anyway, and I’m using about 2mm more stroke than before so I’m happy

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
Calek wrote:
Those 2 spacers that you dont know where they go are the same that you have in shock bushing.I know because i had alot of problem finding their order code.Keep them because if you are replacing shock or you want to service him they tend to get destroyed easy if they are slightly in moved when you are reinstaling shock.

2 black washers are going between rocker and rear triangle (at least that how i have mine not sure why schematics are showing that they are going under bolt).I know that having washer under bolt is something normal but even in YT video im 100000% sure that washer is between them.

Where can I get them from as I have destroyed mine ????

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 3:10 Quote
Lifted a rock with the front wheel. Rock smashed on bottom frame and tore through the plastic down tube protector (1 and 2) hitting the carbon beneath and bending the front ring crash plate too (3). Is this something I should worry about? I'm worried specifically about (2) but tapping it the sound does not change from the rest of the frame and it's still as hard as the rest. It looks like paint damage only to me.

The bike is a Strive CFR 9.0 2019.

Picture:
https://i.imgur.com/7gEXtAc.jpg
photo

Also, this bike has the flimsiest paint ever made by man.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 2:21 Quote
Selling unused RIDEWRAP Canyon Frame Protection Kit - Tailored for Canyon Strice 20er L Size Carbon, if anyone is looking for one:

pinkbike.com/buysell/2858545/

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 9:28 Quote
Anyone with a 2019 Strive have any advice regarding water bottles. I read somewhere that the rocker hits the bottle in the cage, are you limited by size etc? Frame size medium.

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 10:32 Quote
seanryan wrote:
Anyone with a 2019 Strive have any advice regarding water bottles. I read somewhere that the rocker hits the bottle in the cage, are you limited by size etc? Frame size medium.

I use a Fidlock 600 ml on my L Strive, fits fine. I know it fits the M too, but it touchs the frame top tube a little bit. I think the 590 ml "round" one should fit nicely.

Surprisingly, it stays in place during hard riding. Rockgarden or 10 ft drops doesn't make the stuff move. I'm quite impressed.

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 1:22 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
seanryan wrote:

I use a Fidlock 600 ml on my L Strive, fits fine. I know it fits the M too, but it touchs the frame top tube a little bit. I think the 590 ml "round" one should fit nicely.

Surprisingly, it stays in place during hard riding. Rockgarden or 10 ft drops doesn't make the stuff move. I'm quite impressed.

I use the Specialized Zee II with lateral access and works fine with 700 ml bottle. Size M

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 2:55 Quote
Jaimimoto wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
seanryan wrote:

I use a Fidlock 600 ml on my L Strive, fits fine. I know it fits the M too, but it touches the frame top tube a little bit. I think the 590 ml "round" one should fit nicely.

Surprisingly, it stays in place during hard riding. Rock garden or 10 ft drops doesn't make the stuff move. I'm quite impressed.

I use the Specialized Zee II with lateral access and works fine with 700 ml bottle. Size M

Thanks for the feedback guys, was actually looking at the Peaty's Products one so goo to hear that it's also fidlock.

Anybody got any advice regarding tool carrying? currently running with an overpacked camelbak that i most of the time don't need.
I'm trying to find something on bike that will give me a multi tool, chain link, and potential tyre plug storage. Want to carry a tube also so probably would prefer to carry a pump instead of a cartridge.

Any advice welcome and pictures of your inventiveness would be appreciated!

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
seanryan wrote:
Jaimimoto wrote:
Yetichon wrote:

I use a Fidlock 600 ml on my L Strive, fits fine. I know it fits the M too, but it touches the frame top tube a little bit. I think the 590 ml "round" one should fit nicely.

Surprisingly, it stays in place during hard riding. Rock garden or 10 ft drops doesn't make the stuff move. I'm quite impressed.

Thanks for the feedback guys, was actually looking at the Peaty's Products one so goo to hear that it's also fidlock.

Anybody got any advice regarding tool carrying? currently running with an overpacked camelbak that i most of the time don't need.
I'm trying to find something on bike that will give me a multi tool, chain link, and potential tyre plug storage. Want to carry a tube also so probably would prefer to carry a pump instead of a cartridge.

Any advice welcome and pictures of your inventiveness would be appreciated!

I haven't set up mine yet, but I think I'll go for the Fidlock bottle, a small hand pump next to the fidlock support and a tube below the top tube maintained with straps.

Multi tool, tires levers, phone, keys and some food in my Dakine Hot Laps Stealth.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 21:31 Quote
seanryan wrote:

Lenzyne side insert cage with 21 oz insulated camelbak bottle.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 23:36 Quote
Has anyone here ever had any issues with their Iridium dropper post? Mine ROYALLY gave me the poo today, wouldnt stay up on climbs, but also refused to stay down on descents........would this be a warranty issue or just a service? Bike has only had 14 hours on it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015662
Mobile Version of Website