Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
| Next Page
Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Hi, I'm looking for some technical info on replacement headsets for the 2019 spectral please.
It currently has an acros headset and the bearings are pretty rough. Their website is not at all mobile friendly and I'm struggling to see what the type and size are used.
I want to swap out for a hope headset and Im struggling to figure out which upper and lower I need.

I think the Hope upper replacements might be

Zs44/28.6 type 2

Not sure about lower is it

Is52/40 type J

Or

Zs56/40 type E

Any help would be appreciated!

Pete

Posted: 22 hours ago Quote
Hi

I'm trying to replace the headset bearings in my sons Stitched (jump bike) but neither the new or the old bearings will go back in the frame - the top bearing fits into a cup which has been removed from the bike but the bottom one fits directly into the frame and they are both impossibly tight

The old bearings were incredibly hard to get out ,we were expecting this to be just a 'push fit' like other headset bearings we've worked on but these are incredibly tight. The new and old bearings are identical in size when measured with vernier calipers so I don't think the bearing themselves are faulty

Does anyone have experience of working with bearings this tight and any suggestions as to what we should do ?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005810
Mobile Version of Website