DH trails in Cyprus

PB Forum :: Europe
DH trails in Cyprus
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2013 at 14:41 Quote
My folks have an apartment in Paphos, well up in the hills in Peyia.

I'd really like to take my bike with on a trip, but I'd like to know how the DH scene is going in Cyrus, where's the best trails etc.

Any info would be great Smile

PS, I've just joined the Cyprus DH facebook page also.

Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 21:48 Quote
NineOneSix wrote:
My folks have an apartment in Paphos, well up in the hills in Peyia.

I'd really like to take my bike with on a trip, but I'd like to know how the DH scene is going in Cyrus, where's the best trails etc.

Any info would be great Smile

PS, I've just joined the Cyprus DH facebook page also.

There are trails in Cyprus. Eleti, Stavrovouni, Athalassa trail, Platres. You can find more about it in the group.

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
Hey guys!
Local guy here Smile

Same answer as here:
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=167205

Lots of nice natural and "alpine style" trails in Cyprus. Dusty, rocky and loooooose during the summer, super grippy and fun after they've soaked a bit of water.
The best of it is that you'll never need to use the words "sticky mud" over here ;-)

Trails are usually build and are regularly maintained by the local Forest Department.
They are build as hiking trails but besides a few you'll very rarely see a hiker in there.
Officially it's not allowed to ride in them but I know from first hand that the official policy of the Forest Department is to make a blind eye.

Besides those there are 3-4 downhill courses on the island and a few DH races. (next one on October 11th)

I'm a professional bike guide in Bikin'Cyprus Adventures (http://www.bikincyprusadventures.com/) and I can ensure you that there is AWESOME riding on the island!

If you are looking for company to regularly ride join these two groups on facebook:
Storm Riders
Cyprus Downhill

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012631
Mobile Version of Website