Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
Can you check out Adsr84, he had various items for sale and had previously sold a fair few items. Im still waiting for tracking for an order played Sunday, which isn't too long ago but his profile seems to have now disappeared?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
Hi,

I've had the same message from 2 users for the frame im selling - both with no history and with the same exact text. The usernames are:
Kleinfan
Yeti28

The message both times was:

Hi,
can you ship to Germany? If so pay for Paypal posible and I would give you 1400 offer What do you think?
best regards

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 14:50 Quote
POBaker wrote:
Hi,

I've had the same message from 2 users for the frame im selling - both with no history and with the same exact text. The usernames are:
Kleinfan
Yeti28

Hi,
can you ship to Germany? If so pay for Paypal posible and I would give you 1400 offer What do you think?
best regards

Well seems suspicious but I'd say give one of them a chance. Work it out and if it gets even fishier then you refuse to sell it. Like previous users have said, some account are made strictly to purchase an item.

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 23:02 Quote
User adolfmuller is a scammer looking to make money on whole bike scams from alternate payment methods.

I played along to see what the deal was. Asked me to pay via trade in portal from Bicycle Warehouse. Then I received an invoice from an @bicyclewarehouse.us, not .com, email address. Attached invoice was super sketch asking me to pay an individual in Mexico through a bank in Mexico which didn't make sense at all. Fwd Email to bicycle warehouse and they confirmed its a scam stating,

"Thanks for reaching out. DO NOT PAY IT - IT IS A SCAM. We do not process invoices like that. You are the 3rd person in 2 days to run into this.
Please report it immediately to the platform you are using to make the purchase"

User link: https://m.pinkbike.com/u/adolfmuller/

Ad link: https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2987460/

I have screenshot of the communication that's also on Pinkbike inbox. Also have emails I can forward if necessary. Let me know if you need anything else.

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 0:06 Quote
Marquatzi wrote:
POBaker wrote:
Hi,

Kleinfan
Yeti28

Hi,
best regards

Well seems suspicious but I'd say give one of them a chance. Work it out and if it gets even fishier then you refuse to sell it. Like previous users have said, some account are made strictly to purchase an item.

Yeah the first message I assumed was genuine, but I didn't want to ship to cross border to Germany. What seems suspicious is the message from another user with EXACTLY the same text - what are the odds of two people typing the same sentences word for word! Just a heads up in case other people get similar...

Mod
Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 5:40 Quote
POBaker wrote:
Marquatzi wrote:
POBaker wrote:
Hi,

Kleinfan
Yeti28

Hi,
best regards

Yeah the first message I assumed was genuine, but I didn't want to ship to cross border to Germany. What seems suspicious is the message from another user with EXACTLY the same text - what are the odds of two people typing the same sentences word for word! Just a heads up in case other people get similar...

They're two different $ offers, two different locations by IP, and no association. Feel free to keep me in the loop if you continue.

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 20:21 Quote
Carbon1maro This user is a scammer i order a suspension paid him and never send it to me.

Mod
Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 5:51 Quote
jandennis wrote:
Carbon1maro This user is a scammer i order a suspension paid him and never send it to me.
I've sent the user a message and will ban in 48 hours if they do not respond.

Posted: Mar 7, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
POBaker wrote:
Hi,

Kleinfan
Yeti28

Hi,
best regards
But how this works ?
Since the Brexit, there is a ton of paperwork needed to export from the UK plus some taxes.. That's what i heard .

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
msniki wrote:
POBaker wrote:
Hi,

Kleinfan
Yeti28

Hi,
best regards
But how this works ?
Since the Brexit, there is a ton of paperwork needed to export from the UK plus some taxes.. That's what i heard .

Yes - unfortunately so, which is why I declined to post outside UK after I got the first message, so wasn't going to effect me anyway if it was a scam - just raised my suspicions upon getting another request to post to Germany with the exact same text. Maybe genuine and a huge coincidence, but thought worth posting here for others to make their own mind up if they got a similar message.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 13:07 Quote
Ridethetrails11

First tried to get me to pay with Venmo which is unsecure.
After making paypal, they twice provided me with false tracking numbers.
Several items listed at suspicious prices (ethirteen carbon wheels at $250)
I was able to secure a Paypal refund.
Either this person is entirely inept and knows nothing about bike parts and selling them, or they are an outright scammer.

Beware.

Mod
Posted: Mar 17, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
cerealkilla wrote:
Ridethetrails11

First tried to get me to pay with Venmo which is unsecure.
After making paypal, they twice provided me with false tracking numbers.
Several items listed at suspicious prices (ethirteen carbon wheels at $250)
I was able to secure a Paypal refund.
Either this person is entirely inept and knows nothing about bike parts and selling them, or they are an outright scammer.

Beware.

thanks, banned this account & deleted ads - forgot to respond in here.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 4:46 Quote
I purchased frames canyon and saracen from https://www.pinkbike.com/u/dmtrv/ May 28, 2020.
I transferred the money, the seller said he would send the frames. in the end, the frames have not arrived yet. The seller said that due to quarantine, nothing is being delivered now, although all the shops were normally brought to Russia.
After a long time (October), he wrote that he had sent, there are no documents confirming the shipment.
Almost a year has passed, there is no money, no bike, no frame.
Now the seller does not get in touch.
[P=https://disk.yandex.ru/client/disk/мошенник size=m align=c][/P]

Mod
Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
madrullit wrote:
I purchased frames canyon and saracen from https://www.pinkbike.com/u/dmtrv/ May 28, 2020.
I transferred the money, the seller said he would send the frames. in the end, the frames have not arrived yet. The seller said that due to quarantine, nothing is being delivered now, although all the shops were normally brought to Russia.
After a long time (October), he wrote that he had sent, there are no documents confirming the shipment.

can you send the communication to the buysell@pinkbike.com email? there is nothing recent in the message system

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 4:42 Quote
madrullit wrote:
Well, i know that guy, bought a couple of things from him.
So I did message him on Facebook about this, he said this is a lie and he will reply here soon as possible.
But he is already banned.
p.s.
Your profile says : Czech Republic , but you claim the frames should've been delivered to Russia ??
This makes no sense.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014494
Mobile Version of Website